New tournament coming up

• A friend of mine just told me there is going to be an international tournament May 30th, 2011 right after the Blue Wild Expo which is on Memorial Day weekend. I wanted to bring it up and see if anyone was going to participate. Its been almost two years since the last time I dove and I am itching to hit the water. I've stayed busy working out and stuff but no spearing at all so its going to be interesting. In any case here is the link providing all the information available at the moment:

http://www.southfloridafreedivers.com/artPinder2011.html

Edited once, last by Adrian ().

• I'd be down. Let me know. It's been a few months for me so if you want to hit the water for some dive conditioning/training for it let me know.

• I wouldn't mind getting a team together,, if only hau would get into a boat :rolleyes1:

I don't know how big teams would be but my boat can handle 5 with gear..... just a thought. I'll start working on my breath holds in case anything goes through.

• I'll be in town for the Blue Wild Expo and was hoping to participate in the tournament as well. Unfortunately my dad isn't interested in boating around from naples. I'd love to get on a team if someone has a boat or a charter and is looking for an extra team mate...Not gonna lie i'm no ringer by any means but would be alot of fun and am happy to help share expenses.
    Let me know if you'd be interested or if you have anyone who'd like an extra spearo.

• I can't promise I will make it to the tournament although I would love to. April will be the determining month for me as far as work and free time is concerned. I'll keep those interested posted and if possible join one of the teams. I am sure is not a lion fish only tournament. I'll try to get the allowed species and post them as soon as possible.

• This is all I have for now. They told me that the final flyer is not completed yet so we just have to check every now and then.

The South Florida Freedivers will host the First Annual "Art Pinder Int'l Spearfishing Championship" on Memorial Day weekend (May 30th) immediately following the Blue Wild Expo.

This spearfishing competition will take place in the Bahia Cabana Resort in Fort Lauderdale and is to benefit the Twin Palms Center for the Disabled (Boca Raton Society For The Disabled Inc.).

Tentative fishing area will range from Government Cut to the Boca Raton Inlet.

Below are some key locations:

Bahia Cabana Beach Resort & Marina
    3001 Harbor Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
    Phone: 954.524.1555 Reservations: 1.800.323.2244
    Fax: 954.764.5951

Bahia Cabana Beach Resort N26.109839° W80.106425°

Boca Raton Inlet, Boca Raton N26.335912° W80.071154°
    Government Cut N25.763675° W80.129805°

The entry fee to compete is only $50 per person. Entry fee includes raffle tickets, shirt, food & beverage. There will be trophies for the winners in the different categories.

We have not finalized the list of qualifying fish, but here is a preview:

Reef fish: Snappers, Groupers, Hogfish
    Pelagics: Cobia, Dolphin, Kingfish, Mackerels, Wahoo, Oceanic triggerfish, Greater AJ, Yellow Jacks
    Other: Lionfish

This should turn out to be a huge and exciting event. There will be many categories of competition including:

Slings/Poles
    Junior
    Women
    Lionfish
    Senior
    International
    Jurasic
    Disabled/Handicap
    Police/Firefighters
    Biggest Fish
    etc

We wil be updating the information regarding the rules and other details in the next two weeks.

For more updated information, please visit our website
    http://www.southfloridafreedivers.com/