30 year old Beuchat foopockets / fins

• Until recently I thought footpockets and interchangeable blades design was less than 20 years old. I got my first pair of Sporasub H Dessault footpockets about 10 years ago. Recently one of the forum members came by with these Beuchat fins. He said the fins are 30 years old. I was amazed to see it's the same system we have today. The plastic blades had a lip on the edges that the footpocket tendons held on to. The footpockets weren't very soft but they looked well made. The blades were not as long as our long fins today but they were definitely longer than any scuba or snorkling fins that I've seen. I guess I should have measured them. Looks like Beuchat may have been the first to manufacture footpockets for replaceable blades.

• I used to wear the Comp Gold Fin ( still have a set of new green blade) and another pair Dillon has been wearing. The Cressi Rondine had replaceable blades first around 1982 but I need to check.
    The one in the picture is a newer model of Gold Fin with out the blade support ribs.
    Cheers, Don

This was the first long fin I had the one with the removable plastic blade came next.
    Rondine means Swallow in Italian.