Sick feeling while spearing >=[

• Today I went out off the shore was ideal conditions and the water was ultra clear. I was paddling around the rocks and there was hardly any swell only a few tiny waves

After about 30 mins I started to feel a bit funny in the back of my throat, like a bit sick feeling. shortly after I started to feel light headed, slight headache and a little bit of a wierd feeling in the stomach.

Was this motion sickness or nausea or something else? Sometimes I have a bad habit of holding my breath and not realising it and I thought that could be it but I kept breathing heaps and not diving too deep for too long.

I was over it and had to come back in :(

• Do you get heartburn or indigestion? I have a condition called GIRD and if I don't eat before diving or take Zantac I get similar symptoms. I think it is all the inversion That makes the acid move up my throat.

Good luck with the issues. Hope it doesnt come back

i like to spear fish

• Could just be seasickness which I have gotten, but never to the extent of nausea. Try taking a non drowsy motion sickness pill before diving and see if that helps. Could just be the subtle rocking that did you in.

:toast:

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• Lol papaa, Nah I didnt drink anything, I even went to bed early lol

Its a bit like heartburn but not quite, its a weird feeling all down my throat and chest =\
    I might try some of the stuff my girlfriend takes for flying I think their non drowsy motion sickness tablets.

• I agree with LB about being inverted for so long and in repetition. If I don't eat something substantial before diving I start feeling sick after a bit. If the seas were flat I don't think it was vertigo since the dives are spaced out enough so that movement shouldn't cause that. I know I didn't eat Saturday and was feeling gross after an hour or so and had to rest up on the yak for a few. Hope you get it figured out.

• I've dove for a while, but it wasn't until the last few years that I would get heartburn/acid reflux while diving. It makes for a miserable dive, and I have the after effects from it all day. What has worked for me is a generic acid reducer pill. I take one in the morning before I dive and everything is ok. Each time I forget to take one sure enough the heartburn/reflux comes back. Outside of diving I don't take the pills.

It didn't seem to matter what if anything I ate before I dove. I experimented with eating nothing, oatmeal, big breakfast or small, I still got heartburn/reflux. Like others have said, I think it has to be with being inverted so much, and then possibly swallowing air in the process of trying to keep the acid down.

-Lance