Well, its oficcial now!!!!!!!

• I finally get the opportunity to visit the island and meet some of the spearos from the forum. I know many of them are part of a Facebook group called Puerto Rico Freediving and Apnea. I just requested to joined the group so that I can make arrangements and exchange contact information but it can be done via this forum too. I tried convincing Pantoja to go with me but sadly (for him) he wont be able to join me jajajajajaja. I'll be in the island from June 5-12 and my main goal is to spearfish as much as possible along with making new friends and eating tons of Mofongo con camarones (I really like this stuff). If anyone else is interested in joining me or will be in the island around the same time that would be great if not I'll see you guys in PR in June.

PS. I am planing on bringing a 2 mm suit, its that enough for this time of the year or should I bring the 3mm just in case?

• 2 mm should be more than enough.

Who did you talked to? I don't have facebook. Where in PR will you be staying? San Juan area? June is good for pargo, cuberas and kings.

What dept are you comfortable to?

I'm not going out as much as I would like to but shoot me a PM one week before coming and will try to arrange something.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Creo que aqui tambien estan Attan, Julian, psychobilly, anthonysub, pucho y el fabricante de graciasub pero a el hace rato que no lo veo en linea.

• Adrian, where in the island will you be staying?? I'm going to Fl for the BW but should be back by then and maybe we could do a shore dive or something. I got a lot of work to do when I get back but could probably squeeze a day or two.

• Adrian, where in the island will you be staying?? I'm going to Fl for the BW but should be back by then and maybe we could do a shore dive or something. I got a lot of work to do when I get back but could probably squeeze a day or two.

Thank you very much for the opportunity. I'll be staying in Ponce with some relatives. Given the size of the island I should be able to meet you/anyone anywhere.

• Im in aguadilla, west side of PR, the only problem that is rainy season and aguadilla get very dirty, but send me your phone# and we can do a shore dive if conditions are good.

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Im in aguadilla, west side of PR, the only problem that is rainy season and aguadilla get very dirty, but send me your phone# and we can do a shore dive if conditions are good.

Here is my cell 206 331-6298, shore dive would be cool too. Thank you.

• Well, like everything else in life my trip to Puerto Rico has come to an end. I am extremely happy with how well it went regardless of the rain we got the first 3 days. The island reminded me of my own homeland. The landscape, the people, the food, the culture in general reminded me quite a bit of the Cuba I knew. I truly felt right at home. Its a shame I could only stay for a week, I had a blast. I only went spearfishing once due to the weather and also for being out of shape (11 months without diving). I was hooked up with a spearo named Elias thanks to Marco. We met up at his house at 4:00 am and headed to the ramp somewhere in Cayey/Fajardo. Once we hit the water we started heading towards Vieques while checking a few of Elias's spots. Thankfully we stayed around 40ft all day and I was comfortable, any deeper and I would've been pushing it. My Judo and racquetball training paid off since I didn't cramp at all. We stayed in the water till 3:00 pm by then we had 4 dog snappers 3-4lb range, 1 mutton snapper 3lb range, 2 rock hinds 3lb range, 2 barracudas 15lb range but one got eaten by a shark while hanging on the float, 1 king fish 20lb range, 1 hogfish 5lb and 1 lobster. I was not able to take a picture of catch we were in a bit of a hurry when we left the ramp cause we still had about 1hr drive back to his house. But Elias has a picture of some of the dog snappers and the king fish on his face book page. I'll ask if I can post here another day. The best part came when we stopped at a Lechonera near his house to have some lunch/dinner. Nothing beats some fresh lechon asado con arroz con abichuelas, I am definitely going to miss that.

I want to thank all of those that offered to take me out spearing, regardless of whether we made it out or not. You guys really made me feel like I was part of the group even though many didn't even get to meet me. So thank you once again to:

Marco
    Elias
    Fernando
    Roberto Reyes
    Billy
    Anthony
    Pucho
    Asesino
    Ernest

• Well, what can I say...

I'm sorry that I couldn't go out with you, but lately I am not spearing as much as I would like to...

I'm happy that at least you could hook up with Elias and you had a nice day out.

Weather really sucked last week.

Saludos!

Marco Melis

• No need to be sorry, if I am not mistaken it is thanks to you that I was able to hook up with Elias. I had a blast man so don't worry about a thing. There is definitely going to be a next time.

• No need to be sorry, if I am not mistaken it is thanks to you that I was able to hook up with Elias. I had a blast man so don't worry about a thing. There is definitely going to be a next time.

;) Plan to stay at least a whole week end. I cannot go out during week days due to my job.

And yes, I called all my contacts to give them your phone number and asked to invite you if anyone was heading out. I'm glad you had nice time with Elias. He's a nice guy.

Marco Melis