Cycling/Triathlon

• Dan--it takes me a little over 1 hour to do the actual race. The race starts around 7am most days. By 830 I am putting my bike and gear back into the truck but then have to hang out until the awards ceremony which can take up to another hour. I get up at 4am to leave to drive to the race and by 9 or 930 I'm leaving. If I'm in a hurry to leave I can be leaving the race by 830 and have them mail me my award metals.

• Hau,

That is a good problem to have, waiting for awards. I am happy just to finish, but I still wait and watch the winners receive their awards. It's a great environment with some really cool people. I am almost out of the 190's, so as the weight comes off I hope to get a little faster. My next one is Sept. 25 and that is probably the last one for the season because they have going to Orlando on a business trip from Nov 28 - Dec 5. Good luck and safe riding/diving!

• Did my 5th triathlon today at Marine Stadium, Biscayne Bay.
    I didn't expect to do well today as my GF training partner has been out of town and all the big dogs were going to be at todays race, but I lucked out and took second place again. :)
    Best part was that I got to go spearin after todays race :thumbsup2:
    I'll try to post a video and some pictures

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 3 times, last by hau ().

• I have one on Sunday and I have done a few mock runs so far. Trying to get it in under 1:15, I am a slow runner, but I'm working on it! Great job on placing!

• cww--good luck with yo race sir.
    1. Remember the swimming tip. Buy a Pursuit Mako knife to wear on each forearm during the swim portion. That way all the other swimmers will stay clear of you :laughing3:
    2. Remember Scott Rapps running tip. Pick out a cute girl runner and chase her butt all the way to the finish line. That butt bouncing in front of you will make the run less painful ;)

• Finished in 1:08 and had my best run and bike times as of yet, not near placing but steadily improving. I think there are a couple of pics I'll try and post them later.

• cww--congrats sir:toast2:
    1:08 is a VERY respectable time :thumbsup2:

I guess my 2011 race season is over. There is no more Multirace Triathlons until the spring here in Miami. A couple GFs asked why there r no races till spring and I replied that wintertime is Triathlete breeding season an we need to get "busy" :bed: :laughing:

This year was my first season doing triathlons. I did 7 sprint triathlons and took one 3rd place, four 2nd places and two 1st places and was awarded Broward County Champion 2011. So I am now hooked on yet another sport beside spearin. Today I was up at 630am, in the water spearin at 730 till noon, then to Oleta Park and did a 49min 1.25mile ocean swim, then to Weston to do a 30mi 22mph avg bike ride, then back to Hollywood to do a 6mi run.

• mrmike--same here bro :crazy:
    I plan on training right through the winter. I even bought a tri swimming specific wetsuit a couple days ago.
    I did my bike ride late yesterday evening and my 6mi run after dark last night. Both bike an run was at a heart rate of 155-160 an the weather was so cool (64F) that I barely broke a sweat :D

• Hau,

I wil be in Orlando in November any good Tri specific shops in that area? I need a wetsuit and some tri shoes.

• cww-- I do not know Orlando area stores, but I can hook u up here in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale sir :D
    I have a couple bike shops that sponser me that have nice selection of gear here in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
    May I suggest that when you are in Orlando that you drive west on route 50 to Clearmont Florida which is the eastern US triatholete training center. Less than a 30min drive from Orlando and try to ride up Surgarloaf Mountain :toast:
    Please let me know if I can help further

• Hi, gang,
    I did a few of the Bud Lite triathlons back in the 80s. Got back into tri's three years ago. I will second the suggestion about visiting Beginnertriathlete.com. You might want to visit Slowtwitch.com too. If you visit the second one, be prepared as they can be a little rough. I mostly hang at beginner triathlete. My user name over there is MadMathemagician.

Lo

• It has been a while since I posted here as there have been no triathlons in my area until 4-7-12. On 4-7-12 we had a tri at C.B.Smith park. I didn't do well and took 8th place.
    On 4-21 we had a race at Tradewinds park off Samples road. I lucked out and took 1st place in the pouring rain. This 1st place also won me an email from USAT inviting me to Berlington, Vermont on August 18 for the USA Triathlon Olympic Distance National Championship. I'm not sure I can afford to go, but it is nice to see results from Tri training hard almost every day for a year:)