Broward Beach Conditions

• Cool story. I would've milked it more. Something along the lines of years of special forces underwater survival training in some exotic destination, lightning fast reflexes, the hogfish being one of the most elusive and yummy in the sea etc. :)

• Cool story. I would've milked it more. Something along the lines of years of special forces underwater survival training in some exotic destination, lightning fast reflexes, the hogfish being one of the most elusive and yummy in the sea etc. :)

The Mermaid being THE most yummy and elusive.......Until you marry it and have merbabies and she doesn't.......Never mind, different story.:D

Hau,
    we need to get you a permanent yak cam for weather, fish, and of course Mermaid updates...:thumbsup2:

• pargo---you are right, I should have milked it more:D

If the mermaid wants to start hunting with us I may have to outfit her with gear before I buy an UW camera:D
    One problem is that she is a natural in the water and it wouldn't be long before she was outshooting other spearos.

• at Dania pier beach today
    begin at 9am--------------------end at 630pm
    wind from E at 12mph---------from E at 7mph
    water temp 77F in 25fsw
    current from S at 2mph-------from S at 1mph
    viz 35f in 25fsw----------------55f in 40fsw
    seas 2f in 25fsw---------------less than 2f in 40fsw
    air temp 80F Cloudy-----------85F few clouds

What an awesome yak spearin day:thumbsup2:
    Ismail and I started on the 1st reef and got a few reef fish before Ismail had to leave to go to work.
    After he left I went out to the 2nd reef and started slayin fish:thumbsup2:
    I had the biggest turtle I have ever seen come right up to me repeatedly. His head was as big as mine:0
    He just kept coming at me until I was forced to poke his shell with my spear. He swam off a little and turned and came at me again and again until he got tired of me poking his shell:0
    At one time I had 4 hogs under me and had to pick one. I shot it and the others were still there and I shot some of them:D
    I got hogs, muttons, porgeys and others.
    More later, as I have to go clean fish and get ready for spearin tomorrow at 930 with the mermaid:D and Scott

• pargo---I never saw a turtle that big! His shell was as long as my RA120:0
    He didn't think my spear poking his shell was sexy:D

av001---I'm waiting for my photo guru [greekdiver] to write me back before I buy an UW camera.
    You may rue the day I do get the camera because you may get tired of looking at all the pictures I'm gonna post. PLUS, you will see what a poor shot I really am:D

• at Dania pier beach today
    begin at 9am-------------------end at 1pm
    wind from E at 5mph----------same
    water temp 77F in 30fsw
    current from S at aprox 1mph --from N at aprox 1 mph
    viz 70f in 30fsw---------------same
    seas less than 2f in 30fsw---same
    air temp 80F PC--------------85F Clear

Another stellar conditions yak spearin day.
    Me, Scott and Ismail out on the 2nd reef and later joined by the mermaid:0
    I got a dozen or so reef fish, nothing really good, missed a smaller mac and saw 3 sharks. 1 6f bull, 1 8f hammer and 1 9f nurse shark [aprox sizes as I did not measure any:)]
    We would have done better but the viz was so good that you could see the bigger fish bugging out of the area 60-70f away:( The other day I saw a big ghost of a fish bugging out of view and started chasing it. I finned just hard enough to keep the ghost in view and gradually got close enough to the fleeing fish to see that it was a great big hog. I continued to fin at a speed that gradually let me get parallel to the hog but he just kept swimming and when I realized he wasn't going to let me get any closer i dropped from the surface and he turned on the afterburners and was gone. There is a reason that some big hogs get so big:D
    Today I shot down through a squid into the reef and got my slip tube stuck in the coral. Ismail swam over and dove down and got it free from the reef.:D Thanks Ismail:toast:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• At Dania Pier Beach today with stevo, scott, dino and the mermaid
    begin at 10am------------------end at 430 pm
    wind from E at 7mph----------wind from E at 10mph
    water temp 77F inhj 25fsw
    current from S at 2mph-------current from S at 1.
    viz 45F in 30fsw=-------------25f in 25fsw
    seas 2f or less----------------seas 3f
    air temp.82F PC-------------86F cloudless

i will write more later.
    edit; ANOTHER stellar yak spearin day at Dania pier. I love this spearin set up off a yak 10min from the house, 400y from shore for $5. a day expense:thumbsup2:
    Me, stevo, Scott, dino, devon and char worked on cleaning up the 1st reef of excess fish.
    Devon shot a speargun for the first time ever and stoned a nice reef fish:thumbsup2:
    Char swam around in her bikini:thumbsup2:
    Scott shot nice hogs:D
    Stevo puked on me:laughing3:and shot a bucket of fish:D
    Dino stoned a big cuda:)
    And I :attack2: :cherna: from 10am till 4pm:thumbsup2:

Spearfishing Store

Edited 5 times, last by hau ().

• Had a great day out of dania. I got there around 11 and left at 4. I got a nice hog, a large squid and a bunch of grunts wich will fry up beutifully. today i learned a very good lesson. do not chow down on scrambled eggs and chiricco sausage before diving. around 2 ish I felt a very percular feeling in my mouth, I swam as fast as i could to :hau: sitting in his yak and errupted like ole faithfull. sorry :hau: for the chum bomb. anyways i felt great afterwords and we continued for 2 more hours.

BTW I would like to make cevechi with the squid, anyone have a recepee that comes with cleaning instuctions. ty in advance.

• Well, thanx for making me feel like crap:(. Hau, I hope you do know I am kidding. I think it would be even better to have pics along with your stories.

• Toledo970---I hope I didn't make you feel like crap. That is never my intention ever. My personal forum policy is that if I CANNOT say something positive and helpfull then I keep my mouth shut.
    I agree that pictures would be better with my posts but I am computer challanged and have to use my phone pictures to post pictures from.
    pargo--no problem. We are on the same wave length. I agree and understand. Thank you for helping me to get my pictures posted and the picture posting tutorial:toast:
    greekdiver---thanks for replying with camera buying information:D

• at Dania pier beach again
    begin at 9am---------------------------end at 5pm
    wind from E at 6mph -----------------from E at 10mph
    water temp 77F down to aprox 25fsw with a thermocline below 25fsw
    current from S at 2mph---------------from S at aprox 1mph
    viz was 60f in 25fsw------------------25f in 25fsw
    seas less than 2f----------------------same
    air temp at 830 was 80F PC-------85F PC

Me, and Ismail started the day. The mermaid and Devon came out at aprox noon.
    Saw fishingdude on a boat on the 2nd reef. He had dolphins [mammels] around his boat that we saw from a distance:)
    Ismail "almost craped my pants"when he saw a big shark on my chum bag. Ismail shot his first ever hog fish and lost his only spear in a big cobia he hit:0
    The mermaid got spooked by the sharks and left to go back to shore:(
    I shot a cobia, limited out on hogs and porgeys and got 4 muttons.:thumbsup2:
    I got back to my place at 630pm and work called me in at 645pm:(

[I will try to post pictures later]

Spearfishing Store

Edited 3 times, last by hau ().