Broward Beach Conditions

• "Kayaks wanted--sit on top--with paddles and back rests
    I just bought a B&B in Mexico and need to find some toys for our beach.
    I would like to trade B&B time for these toys but may have some $ for them as well.
    The B&B is onthe water in the Mulege area and will be open this winter, I am just learning the area but have seen or taken lots of clams, scallops, snapper, grouper and lobster.
    I need to start with some Kayaks and would love to find 4-6
    Ideally: sit on top, with paddles and back rests.
    If you have Kayaks - water toys - or skills you would like to trade for some B&B Baja Mexico time contact me.
    Mike McGuire:
    970-216-5902
    anyh2o@hughes.net
    "

The 4th from the bottom line, "or skills you would like to trade for some B&B Baja Mexico time" is what caught my eye. Maybe helpful for somebody on our forum

• Be wary of Baja. I lived in San Diego for nine years. The Federales there don't have the best reputations. Baja's great don't get me wrong. But getting in and out might be a problem. Remember to bring your passport. FYI

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 730am-----------end at noon
    wind from E at 17mph------from NE at 14mph
    current from N to S at 1 1/2mph-- same
    viz 25f in 25fsw ------same
    seas 2f--------------less than 2f
    water temp 84F
    air temp. 83F 10% clouds ---88F 10% clouds

Solo today on the 2nd reef.
    current was less today but today the viz was half of yesterdays
    I lucked out and got 1 mac, 1 ok hog and 1 schoolmaster
    Took my FlingIt wishbones off last night and went back to white dynema wishbones. The FlingIt wishbones lasted several weeks and would be good to use in an emergency wishbone replacement.
    Saw a 32-34in jewfish in 25fsw today
    I haven't seen a jewfish in our zone for a long time
    As I look out the back door, the sea conditions are better now then when I went out this morning. The sea is flatter, the current is almost slack and the wind is less.
    Hope this helps

• seas were flat and current was light today but visibility was mediocre where I was at, there was a greenish-brown haze several feet thick a couple feet below the surface. it made the bottom hard to see in 10-20 feet of water. once below the haze visibility was probably 25-30ft

• alright well this whorable parking woman ran her mouth at us for way too long about stopping for 10 seconds to pay the master meter in her little zone of authority,, and then some bizarre dude informed dan and i (as were standing there in full dive gear fins gun and mask in hand ) that theres ACTUALLY a reef out there in the ocean and according to him it forms a giant circle and u msut be careful as to not get lost. friggen strange. and then the local beach watchdog charged over in his truck as were waist deep in water to inform us of some rules that we werent even breaking.
    these people should sense who not to bother,,, and we are in the do not bother category.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• sounds like you met some of south floridas finest patrons.... :crazy: I like the areas i dive, i remember a couple weeks ago i just came in from like 6 hours and opened a beer on the beach (never had a problem with it before and I always clean up my mess) this cop comes by on a four wheeler before I can toss the cap in the cooler and says "hey pour that beer in a water bottle, it cant look like your drinking beer on the beach".... my jaw dropped in astonishment he was probably the coolest cop ive ever met

• out of the sand, out of the sand :dance:

and yes mr. mike hating on the authority is like racism... youll be riight sometimes but never alll the time. ,,, just llike anything really i guess

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 730am-----------end at 4pm
    wind from E at 4mph------from E at 14mph
    current from S to N at 1/2mph-- same
    viz 50f in 50fsw ------22F in 22fsw
    seas flat--------------less than 2f
    water temp 84F
    air temp. 83F 10% clouds ---90F 10% clouds

Like another spearo said "Today was a beautiful day on the water in NMB the vis was great and the water was like glass."

I was solo today on the 3rd, then 2nd reef as I got chased in to shalllower water by decreasing vis
    Saw a HUGE turtle walking along on the bottom in 50fsw
    Had a 6f nurse shark swim 40f up from the bottom to sniff my FAD
    Had a small 35f~ yacht come so close to me on the 3rd that I could hear the captain cussing me saying "what the f--k you doing clear out here assho-e".
    When he cut the wheel to miss me his topless passangers drink and suntan bottle rolled overboard into the water
    I saw very FEW fish but got 2 macs, 1 hog, 1 mutton and 1 porgey.
    ___