Expanding a footpocket

• Let me start by saying that my footpockets (Dessault Size 12) fit me perfectly when I bought them 5 months ago. Since then I have kept them in great shape, they still look almost brand new. I have always had flat feet, with an extremely wide foot. I have recently been using them for shoredive lobstering trips here in Grenada, but have been experiencing really bad pains along the sides of my foot where they are the widest after about 45min-1hr of diving.

I usually wear a 3mm Spetton sock with my fins, and the footpockets do not fit me well if I do not wear the sock, nor do I have a way of purchasing another pair of quality socks here on the island that I know of. So, my only other option is to expand the footpocket.

How do I stretch the rubber on the footpocket in the area that is hurting me so that they become more comfortable? Any other suggestions as to how I can make this pain go away would be appreciated too.

• You can use regular socks but they dont hold up well. after a few dives they get torn up. Another option would be a 1 mm neoprene or a lycra dive sock. I use a 1 mm and I love them. Where are you located that you are having trouble getting socks?

• You can use regular socks but they dont hold up well. after a few dives they get torn up. Another option would be a 1 mm neoprene or a lycra dive sock. I use a 1 mm and I love them. Where are you located that you are having trouble getting socks?

I'm currently in Grenada, West indies. I'll try using some thicker athletic socks and see what happens. I know that I can ship some down, but the shipping is ridiculous down here and it takes about two weeks for me to get packages.

There's no way to make the footlights bigger by putting a baseball in it or something?

• You can definitely use regular socks. I've done it before. Any color you like! :D

You can also expand a little bit the footpockets using heat. Put something inside them and dip them in boiling water. It works.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.