Omer 1.5mm Dahlak Mimetic Wetsuit

• My 1.5 suit is getting loose in the butt. I can see through it.
    I'm looking at other options. Durability is a key here. My son and I have the same brand suit and both are pulling apart at the zipper seams. Both are about a year to a year and a half old with maybe 2-250 hours in the water. ?? I've not had wetsuits wear that fast before.
    Anyone have an Omer?
    http://www.austinsdiving.com/proddetail.php?prod=65M

• i am sure that Marco will comment on OMER.

I am diving in a Speardiver suit right now, so other that to recommend that, which I do, I cannot answer about OMER in particular.

I have a realsea suit, a mako (old) suit and I used to have a oneil surf suit, clearly they are not really of any value for the conversation as they are all lined and not real freediving suits.

i have heard that people like the hexskin suits from spetton.

i like to spear fish

• How does that work Dan? Are both sides of the suit lined/closed cell with seals at the openings? That sounds like a nice medium between a closed cell suit and just a rash guard if so.

• Yes, both sides are fully lined. There's no point to an open cell 1.5mm suit as it offers very little thermal protection in any case. At 1.5mm the lack of lining on the inside makes the suit too fragile, it's very difficult to properly glue such thin neoprene. The Speardiver 1.5mm suit interior lining is Hyperstretch Lycra so it's very stretchy and comfortable.

• Hank, look into the Spetton Hex skins. I have had mine for a while still looks good as the day I bought it. It's a two piece suit with hood (no zippers). Nylon in and out.

By the way Dan, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Speardiver 1.5mm suit :iwantitnow:

• I've done it many times. Jomer sucks. Period.

Spetton 1.5 mm is a good wetsuit. Rob Allen too.

Looking forward to see the Speardiver 1.5mm suits :cool2:

Thanks for the info John, Marco, and everyone else. I've ordered a Spetton HexSkin 1.5. I'll make it look good. It'll be green camo laced with a lot of red and scales. :D

I'll be needing another winter suit (3 mm) next year Dan. Save one for me.