• With a great (;)) start to the weekend, a mediocre (hungover) Saturday, I was determined to dive today. I made it out to CC and just went for a nice relaxing dive. Water was chilly, guessing around 57* or so. Instant ice cream headache. Somehow managed to last just shy of two hours in my 5mil, now turned 2.5 - 3 mil. Vis was fairly decent,around 15-25'. I was impressed with my diving, as I haven't gone in almost a month, and have been 'bad' in working out my lungs and body.

Did a few deep dives to 55' or so, with minute and a half dives. Was a bit too buoyant as well, but I won't blame anything on that, as it was a bonus on my deeper dives not slamming the bottom..

Anyways, I didn't take anything, although I very well could have. Grabbed a handful of bugs, but seeing as how they and mother ocean are being raped up the butt by some divers, I don't want to partake in them at this time. No hard feelings towards those divers, but they are channeling their anger toward the MLPA's in the wrong ways.

Any day with mother ocean is a good one. It is great to be able to go someplace and clear your mind, and get a better picture on this game called life.

-Davis Donnell

:toast:

http://vimeo.com/33890129

GoPro 960 with Pursuit and stock lenses. Edited with NeroVision 10

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

Edited 3 times, last by ddonnell ().

• Nice video Davis. Conditions have been so great out lately. It's nice to get some of that on video.

Anyways, I didn't take anything, although I very well could have. Grabbed a handful of bugs, but seeing as how they and mother ocean are being raped up the butt by some divers, I don't want to partake in them at this time. No hard feelings towards those divers, but they are channeling their anger toward the MLPA's in the wrong ways.

BTW I'd say I am one of those people "raping" the ocean. I've been targeting the soon to be closed areas of Laguna Beach these last 3 months, more than I ever have before. But I'm not doing it out of anger. I simply desire to enjoy every last bit of that place before it's gone forever. Once Laguna closes down it will have the rest of eternity to naturally replenish itself. So nothing I do now will impact Laguna when you view it in the long tern.

• Anyways, I didn't take anything, although I very well could have. Grabbed a handful of bugs, but seeing as how they and mother ocean are being raped up the butt by some divers, I don't want to partake in them at this time. No hard feelings towards those divers, but they are channeling their anger toward the MLPA's in the wrong ways.

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• So youre telling us all that you grabbed some LEGAL bugs and let them go as to not "rape" the ocean? Also, this spot isn't scheduled to be closed anyways. I sort of agree with your thinking but at the same time Daniel's response makes perfect sense to me.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that you went out and grabbed legal bugs but didn't keep them. If so than you should just leave them alone so you don't bust off their antennaes or legs unnecessarily.

My 2 cents. Thanks for the vid.

Over seabass hunting....

• Yeah its clear your not a “Rapist” ,but you seem to be having fun sexually harassing the lobsters and horn sharks:)

Honestly I Think its lame to say anybody who takes a few fish and lobster to feed there family is raping the ocean , you wanna talk rape look at the can of tuna in your grocery store or the fancy dog/ Cat food , if you rounded up the top 12 lobster divers in southern California and put their yearly catch against the catch of 1 commercial lobster box the divers wouldn’t even come close...

Harvsting fish to feed your famliy on a breath of air is as pure as it gets ,,, Joe

• Yea, it's just not my thing to grab tons of lobster to just give away. I would have taken the ones I grabbed, however did not bring my bag, gauge, or light to go after them more aggressively. I don't disagree with Daniels point, it's just not my thing.

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• Yea, it's just not my thing to grab tons of lobster to just give away. I would have taken the ones I grabbed, however did not bring my bag, gauge, or light to go after them more aggressively. I don't disagree with Daniels point, it's just not my thing.

Well I'm sorry but just because it's not "your thing" doesn't give you the justification to call me and other divers "rapists" for legally taking what they and their close friends can eat.

• Lobstering History

Long ago, lobsters were so plentiful that Native Americans used them to fertilize their fields and to bait their hooks for fishing. In colonial times, lobsters were considered "poverty food." They were harvested from tidal pools and served to children, to prisoners, and to indentured servants, who exchanged their passage to America for seven years of service to their sponsors. In Massachusetts, some of the servants finally rebelled. They had it put into their contracts that they would not be forced to eat lobster more than three times a week.

:toast::toast::laughing3:

IMO crab and scallops are much better tasting then lobster. Maybe carp will be considered a delicacy sometime in the future??

Edited once, last by ladvr ().

• Ok to each their own guys. Maybe rape wasn't the best word can we agree?

I personally see no problem with standing up to our law makers and showing them we are pissed. In fact that is the problem they have to much power to make laws. End rant.

Back on track - great vid.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• LADVR and north Koreans are crying over Kim Jung il. Earth goes through cycles and there will be a day when lobster are "plentiful" like they were(dependending on what you are comparing it to).

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• LADVR and north Koreans are crying over Kim Jung il. Earth goes through cycles and there will be a day when lobster are "plentiful" like they were(dependending on what you are comparing it to).

You are correct in that the Oceans are a very dynamic system. There are larval dispersion models for lobster that theorize Southern Californias bugs get replenished from central Baja bugs and the recruitment is higher during El Nino events.

• You are correct in that the Oceans are a very dynamic system. There are larval dispersion models for lobster that theorize Southern Californias bugs get replenished from central Baja bugs and the recruitment is higher during El Nino events.

well you just confirmed what I was thinking. You know more about bugs than I do.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM