Score one for our side!

• They've backed down from calling for Dan Richards to step down!!

Your Support Helps Retain Dan Richards as California
    Fish and Game Commission President

Thanks to overwhelming response from anglers and hunters, the state legislature
    backed off resolution to remove Dan Richards from the commission

Your voice was heard! The state legislature is no longer considering a resolution to remove California Fish and Game Commission President Dan Richards from the commission.

For the past two weeks, California sportsmen and women have let their voice be heard speaking out in support of Richards. An avid angler and hunter, Richards had been unfairly attacked by extreme environmental and animal rights organizations for taking part in a legal hunt in Idaho.

Angler response was overwhelming! Thousands of California sportsmen and women sent messages through KeepAmericaFishing™ to the state legislature and the commission in support of Richards. Many anglers also attended the March 7, commission meeting to provide comment and show support for Richards.

Commissioner Richards recently contacted KeepAmericaFishing to express his gratitude to the thousands of KeepAmericaFishing advocates for their support.

Why is Retaining Commissioner Richards So Important?

The organizations leading the charge against Richards have a much broader agenda. As a commissioner, Richards has consistently voted on the side of sound science and proven fish and wildlife management. Richards has been a voice of reason throughout the flawed Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) initiative, a controversial program that threatens sportfishing in California, and the businesses and 20,000 jobs that depend on it, by unnecessarily closing large areas of the ocean to recreational fishing.

If they had been successful in their efforts to remove Richards from the commission, these anti-fishing groups would have been one step closer to shutting anglers out of more of California's best fishing spots.

Scott

• :thumbsup2:

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• This just goes to show that the agenda-driven politicians WILL listen if the voice is loud enough...
    When I got the initial "call to duty" email from Coastside Fishing club in the Bay Area and went on the Keep America Fishing website, it reminded me of how professional these people are - they made it REALLY easy: input your zip code and your letter goes out to your local reps as well as governor. We all want to do our part and often do, but an orginization that makes it that easy and concise deserves kudos AND financial support. I am already a coastside member and after seeing the Keep America Fishing action, I promptly sent them a donation. Please do the same if you can; it is so worth it!
    KeepAmericaFishing

"It's the Ocean Flowing in our Veins"