The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

• The Good-
    Been wanting to try diving in a open cell wet suit for some time now, problem was, I couldn't find one that would fit based on my rather awkward dimensions (I am a pudgy son-of-a-b1tch). Found the Pursuit wet suit and really liked the Camo pattern and made contact with Dan with questions about the sizing: i was worried about it not fitting me. Dan offered a full refund if it did not fit me so i took the chance, placed the order and it arrived in 3 days.

The Bad-
    Tracking the package, I was expecting it to arrive today. The wife called me at work and let me know it was delivered and i was really excited to come home and try it on. When i got home, opened the box and removed its contents i was immediately disappointed cause when i put it next to me i could tell that this was no way in hell gonna fit me. I was bummed, and really thought that i finally found "The one"

The Ugly-
    Through the let down i decided to give it a shot and squeeze into this thing, Dan pretty much convinced me that this was the right size for me so i mixed up some conditioner, put some in a spray pump and juiced myself up then poured the rest in the suit. To my surprise this thing slid right on without a problem...WOOOHOO! this is it! finally. this thing felt so damn comfy i was impressed. I jumped out of the fitting room (My Shower) and took a look in the mirror to find the Ugliest, Funniest looking butterball diver i've ever seen but, this thing was comfy as hell so i didn't even care. All in all, I am stoked to finally have an open cell suit.

I gotta say Dan really knows his stuff, thanks Dan or your patience.

• :laughing3: I got to the second paragraph and horrified stopped reading and was about to write a post telling you to try it on. I thought you were going to throw it straight back in the box. These suits really stretch where they need to stretch. You do realize after this we want to see a pic of you with the suit, preferably a scenic CA coastline shot with some quality fish not the bathtub :D

• :laughing3: :laughing: :cool2: :thumbsup2:

JAJAJA godd, now just try it with fish, and we´ll be waiting for the report (and picture):D.

Regards.:toast:

Sadot Hernàndez.

• I want to see that pic too...

Now a little advice: You can try an open cell suit turning it inside out. The lycra lining slides pretty decently over the bare skin. This can be done when trying a wetsuit in a store or if you don't want to get wet at that particular time. You can also put some plastic bags over your feet and then your hands. It helps.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I used to have guys that come to my place to try on a suit and didn't want to get wet do it this way, inside out. It would be better for me because I save the time of washing and drying the suit if they went with another color or size. But I stopped trying on suits inside out for the following reasons. I found through experience that guys are more likely to put tears in the open cell when it's on the outside. The tendency is to grab the outside of the suit to pull it. Second reason is that you can't get a real feel for the wetsuit putting it on inside out. For guys who already used an open cell suit it's not as important, but for guys who are trying it on for the first time it's important to immediately understand the difference from a double lined suit. For these reasons I no longer allow the suits to be put on inside out. Lube up or don't try on. I use unscented conditioner for the lube (so the wives/girlfriends don't get alarmed :)) and provide a fresh towel to dry off after.

• I used to have guys that come to my place to try on a suit and didn't want to get wet do it this way, inside out. It would be better for me because I save the time of washing and drying the suit if they went with another color or size. But I stopped trying on suits inside out for the following reasons. I found through experience that guys are more likely to put tears in the open cell when it's on the outside. The tendency is to grab the outside of the suit to pull it. Second reason is that you can't get a real feel for the wetsuit putting it on inside out. For guys who already used an open cell suit it's not as important, but for guys who are trying it on for the first time it's important to immediately understand the difference from a double lined suit. For these reasons I no longer allow the suits to be put on inside out. Lube up or don't try on. I use unscented conditioner for the lube (so the wives/girlfriends don't get alarmed :)) and provide a fresh towel to dry off after.

kinda off topic here, but dan what brand/ where do you buy unscented conditioner?? I only ask because the smell of my conditioner is triggering memories of sea sickness and bad days fishing lol..which seem to entice the same effect easier than if I hadn't smelled the scent at all. Even the smell of the neoprene starts to get me..so I just hold my breath as a little dive exercise getting my suit on.

anyone else in the same boat?

sorry for thread derail I'll make a thread if it becomes a popular topic

-Al

• I was really surprised how easily it went on, believe it or not, i didn't have to stretch it much at all, this suit once lubed slid right on. now just waiting for the right conditions to test it.

• glad you finally found the one... Ifelt that way when I slid my suit on at Dan's house..i was so stoked i wanted to drive home in it :)

we all want to see the pic of you in the suit, you are not allowed to say something that funny and not provide a pic hahahaha

i like to spear fish