Thats alot of dead sharks....

• :nono:

http://rtseablog.blogspot.com/…ins-officials-arrest.html

Two local fishermen got their comeuppance when they were arrested on April 8th for having on board their fishing boat a total of 2,073 shark fins. Government officials said that the catch represented as many as 529 sharks (which included 11 whole sharks they had on board).

The fishermen had the fins stored in a hidden compartment in the bow of the ship, which means they were aware that their catch was illegal. The limit for sharks in the waters they were apparently fishing in is 33. So, they were off by only a mere 496 sharks.

Hung Anh Tiet and Rick Nguyen, both from Texas, face fines totaling more than $26,000 and potentially 2 months in jail. Seems they're getting off pretty light compared to the sharks.

• Maybe cut their arms and legs off and toss them in water. This shit pisses me off.

• Thats a ton of sharks. Fine isn't to stiff either. I imagine on the black market those fins are worth a ton of money. I'm glad they where caught.

• The fine is unacceptably low. An example must be made of extreme poachers because of how few are caught. They need to scare others from doing this.

Exactly because of how much $ they can get for the fins.

Awful

i like to spear fish

• disgusting-- deport the poachers back to Viet Nam - they do not deserve to be here with law abiding citizens

• $900 for an undersized fish or lobster in California. $10,000 for a trophy dear or elk out of season in Colorado. $26,000 for over 500 sharks! What a tragedy.

• $900 for an undersized fish or lobster in California. $10,000 for a trophy dear or elk out of season in Colorado. $26,000 for over 500 sharks! What a tragedy.

good point..it is almost as though our laws are tougher on us than on the actual poachers

i like to spear fish