Diving with a couple new friends

• Thanks Dan.

Cookie, there's now a place in Belize City that sells Riffe bands already made. Hook and Tackle about a block away from the Swing Bridge.
    Or, I can make you bands.

• Mutton curse? They are very wary when they get "educated".
    Have you hit some that tore off? Or no luck getting close?
    If it helps at all, I have the best luck with them hiding on the bottom. Even if I have spooked them a bit and they swam off, if I can find a spot nearby to lay and hide, they come back a lot of times. It has tested my breath hold limits.

this seems to work for me also, sometimes ill be digging a lobster out of a hole not paying attention and a nice mut will come in for a look

• Thanks Hank.
    Ill be over there next week
    Have made bands here befor. Just dont have the right material. Have lots of rubber.

Might send you the rubber if I dont get it worked 0ut soon

Going to see if the Wahoo report holds water.

Let you know.

• The Riffe bands were going for something like BZ$ 55 each. :@ Send me the length you want and I'll tie them up for you if you can arrange a boat for us take me out to Mexico Rocks cut when I'm in San Pedro :) I'll pay for gas too.

• It's 2 BZE$ to 1 US. Besically almost all fishing and marine things (GPS, boat parts etc) are about double with you pay in the US.
    I believe Riffe charges about US$15 for one, so this is normal.

• Finally hooked up with Belizespearo yesterday. We had a full boat with me, the boys, Dukes and Doc....and Belizespearo. Rainy day and really brown water inside by the farm but it cleared up nice outside.
    We hit a couple cuts. LOTS of small snappers around. Muttons, silks, I think mangos but maybe small cuberas?....
    Also a lot of hogfish.
    Jon (Belizespearo) shot a lot of fish. And the coolest thing I've ever seen was his home painted wetsuit. Well, actually a licra suit but the camo paint job he did was awesome. I have to get him to make me one so I can get as much fish as he did.
    The current was ripping with incoming tide all day. We'd drop outside and drift in. There were a few big fish at the second cut. Jon got two really nice hogs and a yellow jack.
    Even little Mo (birthday today, he's 10) got two nice mangos. He was really stoked.

This is about half the fish. The others are buried under the ice.
    Doc saw the big school of dogs inside the last cut. But right then a big black squall was blowing in so we high tailed it home. Looks like the hunting could be really good in the coming year.

Edited once, last by hank ().

• Nice trip Hank
    Have some family in town and am trying out a new boat/Cap.
    You know the drill 300 BZ to go to the reef for the day +++++. I have been tring to get around that for some time now. Ill let you know how this new guy is.
    So far it is fuel + 100 BZ, we will see how that turn out. Hope to get some lobsters as well.

• Cookie, we saw the Sartenejz boys out in force yesterday hunting lobsters. Good luck,

Saw a LOT of conch for the first time in a long time out near one of our spots. I guess the early closure of the season may be helping. Hope so.

• I asked Jon to send me a pic or post it. Try PM him, Marco. He's a real nice guy....and can shoot fish too.

The suit is bluish in color but it's amazing how it came out. Honestly, it's the most camo'ed camo suit I've ever seen. Really nice.