Huge Children's Pool Announcement!

• The Children's Pool fight continues. Some of you are aware of efforts to get the City to follow the California State Constitution and stop their attempts to close the Children's Pool Beach. The City has attempted to prohibit fishing and discourage beach goers for years. First, they closed the beach entirely. Then, they were forced to re-open the beach but they put up an rope in an attempt to keep people from using the beach. Now, the City Council has voted to allocate $30,000 to close the beach during pupping season.

Now it is the public's turn. Today, a lawsuit was filed by a private citizen against the City of San Diego and State of California. The lawsuit is intended to ensure fishing is preserved at the Children's Pool. As recognized in the trust and consistent with the State Constitution: "The absolute right to fish in the waters of the Pacific Ocean.... with the right of convenient access.... is hereby reserved to the people of the State of California". The City quite simply does not have the authority to stop us from fishing at the Children's Pool and has the responsibility to see that we have convenient access!

The lawyer representing the private citizen in this matter is Paul Kennerson. He is the same attorney who won a judgement against the City last time when they were breaking the law at the Children's Pool and kept it open. See here: Judge: Children's Pool Seals Must Leave La Jolla - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

Many of you have helped us greatly in the past. If you want to support the cause, please donate here: La Jolla Seals

More announcements will be forthcoming.

• Thanks for sharing this. I can't believe that this is still going on! These people need to get a life. Hop in the water and really see the seals for themselves. I'm sick of seeing these "environmentalist" sitting up on their perch, screaming absurd things to innocent beach goers!

• Thanks for sharing this. I can't believe that this is still going on! These people need to get a life. Hop in the water and really see the seals for themselves. I'm sick of seeing these "environmentalist" sitting up on their perch, screaming absurd things to innocent beach goers!

+1

• Woo hoo! Let us know if you will be planning on a get together event at CP.

Cheers!

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT