Miami dade beach conditions

• I wanted to start this thread to provide spearin conditions in THIS area. I will try to update it every day I'm out.
    Other spearos that can contribute to this thread for this area please feel free to do so. :toast2:
    Hope this helps.
    hau

• Late report for; 5-25-12__#24-2012kb2
    East of KB today
    begin at 8;30am--end at noon
    wind 5mph from S-----wind S at 2mph
    current S to N at 1/2mph -same
    viz 35f in 35fsw---same
    seas FLAT-------FLAT
    water temp 81F
    76F cloudless--84F cloudless

Today was a different dive, different area and was to have just been an exploring day, but I ended with 3 hogs, 1 trigger and 1 mac :thumbsup2:

• He's done it, no more shootable fish within a 10 mile radius of port Everglades. :D Glad my yak is yellow, it's only a matter of time before the Miami Dade fish begin to heed the warning of the blue yak. :thumbsup2:

• Judah, Hau; hit me up for some Miami kayak action as well. Haven't done to much down that way but I am down.

• LunkerBuster, shallowrunner--as you probably already know, I am kind of an impulse spearo.
    I am ready and plan to spear every day,but never know exactly what the weather and sea conditions are until sunrise.
    Also, I almost never heed my own advise and almost always spear alone :crazy:

Nate--your fish r safe brother. You know that I never hunt that zone sir. :toast2:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• Late report for; 6-07-12__#25-2012kb1
    East of KB today
    begin at 10am--end at noon
    wind 10mph from S-----wind SE at 10mph
    current N to S at 2mph -N to S at 1/2mph
    viz 35f in 15fsw---30f in 15fsw
    seas less than 2-------same
    water temp 81F

Me and my new yak freedive spearfishing buddy out for a short scouting trip.
    We didn't have much time to go out deeper, but did see 8-10, 14-18in orange star fish and schools of small jacks.
    Was raining in the morning, but cleared by 10am
    Hope others got out as well

• found this guy in a quick after work beach dive...i have the Riffe MT000 on my paddle board and I was just chasing some big tarpon around and i saw this nice coral head...i swam over and saw this big wrasse head sticking out and was bout to move on when he turned and I realized he was not a wrasse...yanked the board over, threw one band on the tiny gun and SPROINGGG!!! now I have nothing but my mask and gun here and I quickly realized that was super dumb...no fins, no knife, no stringer and no gloves. fortunately I was not deep, no more than 20 ft and I ended up braining him with my spear, and stringing him through the bungee I mounted on the front of the board, and cutting the shit out of my hands..small price to pay and I will surely add to my beach dive kit now that I know there are fish out there

got some cool looks when i hit the beach with him on the paddleboard

i like to spear fish

• Awesome double muttons Hau, and beautiful grouper Judah.

• found this guy in a quick after work beach dive...i have the Riffe MT000 on my paddle board and I was just chasing some big tarpon around and i saw this nice coral head...i swam over and saw this big wrasse head sticking out and was bout to move on when he turned and I realized he was not a wrasse...yanked the board over, threw one band on the tiny gun and SPROINGGG!!! now I have nothing but my mask and gun here and I quickly realized that was super dumb...no fins, no knife, no stringer and no gloves. fortunately I was not deep, no more than 20 ft and I ended up braining him with my spear, and stringing him through the bungee I mounted on the front of the board, and cutting the shit out of my hands..small price to pay and I will surely add to my beach dive kit now that I know there are fish out there

got some cool looks when i hit the beach with him on the paddleboard

http://i931.photobucket.com/al…lunkerbuster/ba1effec.jpg
    http://i931.photobucket.com/al…lunkerbuster/eaa09723.jpg
    http://i931.photobucket.com/al…lunkerbuster/383e92c8.jpg

Nice catch with the Riffe MT0.:toast:

• Thanks guys. Surprisingly the tiny riffe is nice for grouper. I can get it into any hole I can fit my arm into but can still punch. I don't usually use it but often like to bring it on boats as a hole gun and a second shot gun

I still think it is more of a nor cal gun but it has it's place

i like to spear fish