aloha for oahu

• howsit everyone. well im new to the fourm. i live and dive oahu im a newb:D been diving for a while but nothing serious till recently. i like to check out new places and partners here on oahu plenty great divers who are wiling to help out a newb like me. so far my best catch was a 4lb tako and a 3lb uhu(parrotfish) im hoping to get some good info on here. im using a homemade wood gun thats pretty much a copy of a riffe 3xs hitting about 25-30 with about a min bottom time hope to get to know some more divers on here
    mahalo
    jack:thumbsup2:

• Welcome. A 4lb tako well feed a lot of people. Did you bite it between the eyes? I don't feel comfortable doing that yet. I love uhu especially deepfried with sweet and sour sauce. Everyone here loves pictures and videos so post them if you have them.

• Hookinfish-yea bit the eye but the bugga was fighting me the whole time trying to rip off my mask and choke me. :fishhit: but made plently poke and nabe with him. yea once i get some good pics or vids ill post em up. can you upload pics from flicker on here got a some pics of my home made gun id like to load:thumbsup2:

• Mate Thats a Wicked Lookin Gun....I've been thinking about Attempting to Make my Own. Where Your Normally get in Out there?....I grew Up in HI ( My old man was Navy) I Started Spearing at Places like Barbers Point....Bellows....Kaneohe Bay..... Out off the Reef runway outside the Airport off of Hickam AFB. I Miss the taste of Fresh Papio Right out of the Water and Right on the Grill....Fresh Rock Lobsters from Kaneohe Bay.

Come to think of it....I Miss Hawaii in General.....I try to make my own Spam musubi....but it's never been the same.

-Dan