Shitty vis and scrap materials

• Now all I need is at least 10 vis to see if I can land something that will again represent the Puerto Rican section of this forum;)

• Wow Julio that's quite an evolution. Beautiful lines on the new gun. Very innovative I've never seen anything like it. Firstly could you please put up some more pics. BTW if you upload them to something like imageshack you can leave the pics at bigger resolution, the forum will resize them to fit but they can still be viewed at original size.

Is that one of your trademark line releases with the spring sitting in a groove in the wood? I can't figure out how it works from the pic.

• OMG those are some beautiful guns. I prefer the side line line release also as the side release does not interfere with a reel. Teak is my favorite gun material. Very nice craftsmanship. Great job and hope the viz clears up for testing====however, if you wanted to make one 130cm with an enclosed track for 7mm finned shaft, 2-3 band and kill spike in the muzzle I would be more than willing to test it for you here in our 40-50f viz;) Or better yet, pack up some guns, catch a flight to Ft. Lauderdale and WE will try them out here:D

Is that one of your trademark line releases with the spring sitting in a groove in the wood? I can't figure out how it works from the pic.

Yeah Dan, you're right, except the groove was actually done on the plastic hood...good eye. Pics will follow soon.

• Yes, more pics please! And tell me more about the handle and trigger mech. Home made, or an adaptation of something else? I'm with Pargo, beautiful lines!

Tin Man,
    I design my own trigger mechs with a 3d Cad program and have them done overseas...tested at over 600 lbs! I'm out of the shop right now but will supply further pics later.

• That pic answers what would've been my next question, if you put the band holes on top again. I take it then that it works well and future guns will have the same design? I'd like to see how the band looks on the bottom of the muzzle. Are the bands easy to insert?

Why did you choose to go with two pins as opposed to one pin and a slot for routing the shooting line?

What's the band stretch from band slot to furthest pin?

I can't tell if that's a pin, a notch or a tab on the shaft? Who made the shaft?

That looks like a 5/8 band, is it enough power with just one band or will the gun also take a 3/4 band?

BTW I highly recommend the pigs tail snap and swivel combination for the bungee, I found it to be stronger. I have a good source for those here in Florida if you need it.

• Dan,

This is only the second gun I've made with top protruding bands. I loved the first one I made and used it for many years before giving it away to a local spearo/friend who at times has landed more fish than I, hence the sequel. It is not somthing that I plan on doing on a regular basis due to the multiple modifications I have to do from my standard setup.
    The reason for going with the two pin setup is only due to simplicity and the one 5/8" band setup was due to the extreme rock structures near shore that hinder long shots. On very low-vis days the cuberas come up and kiss you.

I can't tell if that's a pin, a notch or a tab on the shaft? Who made the shaft?

It's a pin/notch and I make all my shafts.

• Julio, I don't understand why the hole for the pin needs to be drilled from the bottom up. I've thought before about what I'd do as far as far as pins if I had to make my own shafts because I like a deep track and notches wouldn't do. I imagined drilling from the top on an angle but not right through the shaft so the pin would bottom out in the hole. I've thought of making the hole of a size that would make a very tight fit for the pin, then heating the hole and pushing the pin in because the hole would expand slightly from the heat. Then when it would cool down it would grip the pin very strong. I didn't understand the bit about the v-shaped base. What are the advantages of doing it the way you did?

I like how the shooting line hole is nearer the top of the shaft allowing for a deeper track.