Tuna & Wahoo

• Hi Guys,

JC & I had a productive day out on the water out of West Palm Beach. Even though these fish were caught hook & lining, I figured you'd still enjoy the pics & might inspire some of you with some of the dishes that were made from them...

We had to spear the wahoo for a lack of a gaff. We ended the day with 4 bonita, 2 Blackfin Tuna and a wahoo. We wanted to dive, but the water was like choclate milk, so we just went in to clean the fish... Back at the dock by 10am.

Course 1:

Wahoo ceviche served with sesame rice crackers

Course 2:

Blackfin Tuna tartar with avocado, served on home made green plantain chips

Course 3:

Asian marinated Wahoo, pan seared & topped with micro greens, served on a bed of green papaya, shallot & bean sprout slaw with a side of jasmine rice

If anybody is interested in detail on how to make any of the above mentioned items, just let me know.

Enjoy,

G

• Yes, there was a very pronounced rip off shore, everything on the inside of the rip was chocolate milk. Outside the rip the water was black, not your normal blue. Really weird conditions...

• Seriously. That looks amazing. Wow. You guys killed it. Literally!!

Please post the tartar recipe and the Asian sauce you made.

Did you use all your veggies from your paradise farm?

i like to spear fish

• Seriously. That looks amazing. Wow. You guys killed it. Literally!!

Please post the tartar recipe and the Asian sauce you made.

Did you use all your veggies from your paradise farm?

Sure tasted good!

Just the papaya, limes, chives, cilantro & ginger were from the yard. The avocado came from my neighbors tree. I'm starting veggies in the yard again next month. For some reason it is easier for me to grown veggies in the winter. Less fungi & bugs.

I'll post some recipe details later, when I have some more time.

• Ask and you shall receive:

Tuna Tartar

1lb of tuna. diced in 1/4" cubes or smaller. (I've prepared it with yft, bft & bonito and it tastes equally good with all.)

1/2 - 1 avocado chopped (depending on taste)

1 tsp toasted sesame seeds

1/2 - 1 tbsp of sesame oil (depending on taste)

2 tbsp soy sauce

1/2 hot chili pepper (seeded and finely chopped)

Juice of 1 lime

2 chopped scallions

1 tbsp of chives finely chopped

1 clove of garlic fine minced or pressed

You basically just combine al the above ingredients in a bowl & mix it thoroughly. Fine tune as needed.

Frying up some green plantain strips as a vessel to serve it on makes for a nice finish.

Enjoy!

G