Home Depot your other LDS - Cheap dive knife

• As it is I rely on Home Depot for a lot of things related to dive gear but this takes the cake. I was there today looking for knife related stuff and just walking through the isles my eyes rested on this in the duct tape section.

It's marketed as a serrated duct knife. Hardened stainless steel. Blade is 14cm, handle is 12.5cm, overall length 27cm. The blade is pretty stiff, I think I could chip rock with it. The handle is nice and grippy, the back has a stainless steel piece that can be used to hammer. The sheath is nylon webbing and has one loop in the back to put on a belt. $12 :0

It's a little big but over all a very good tool for the money. I bought it just to take some pics and show you guys and was going to return it but now I think I'll keep it.

• Air conditioning guys use that style of knife to cut the fiberglass ducts. Nice knife I think I'll get one, put a bungie on it and polish it up.

Dive stuff is very overpriced. You saw that thread where the Zitaz say he buys rob allen reels for $27 from his lds in French Polynesia?

Davie Peguero

• Who knows Italian?

This would be so handy for cutting off spines, fins, gills, guts. Etc. Made from Stainless.

What's the minimum order?

• JimCuda--If your going to try for an order, depending on the price, I would like 2 of those blue handled knives Model sub11d with plastic sheath. Unless I'm mistaken, the sub11d is the same knife as the Riffe standard?

• JimCuda--If your going to try for an order, depending on the price, I would like 2 of those blue handled knives Model sub11d with plastic sheath. Unless I'm mistaken, the sub11d is the same knife as the Riffe standard?

I don't know much about the ordering process. Dan would know more. Those are the same as RIFFE, Spetton, and O.ME.R. <--Note the correct spelling of the acronym!:mrt:

• I know italian.

I think I deserve a couple knives for my finding...

They are the ORIGINAL manufacturers of many brands, including Riffe.

Let me know when you want to place an order to help you up.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Jeff, I used to know the number, maybe 10-24? Anyways it's the steel that doesn't rust at all and is stiff, but doesn't hold a super sharp edge. At least for the model that is the Riffe spearfisher's knife which is the one with the blue handle in the pic.

• I'd be interested as well if someone coordinates an order. What steel is the blade made of?

The Riffe knife I just bought was 420 SS, but I don't know what specific type. All the MAC knives say they are around 55-56 HRC, in hardness levels, which corresponds with the 420 SS.

I'm not too familiar with steel grades, so I dug around the Information Superhighway. Found this article on "Cutlery Science".
    Marco,
    If you have a chance, perhaps you can email MAC to find out what the minimum order is? In Italanese of course!

• I'm pretty sure they speak english. JimDoe on spearboard had what I would call a "sample pack" of knives sent to him that he later sold for really cheap.

Davie Peguero

• Yes and if not English then Spanish for sure. I'll bet you guys are already salivating over the free sample knives they're going to send :D It's not that difficult to start doing biz with one of these manufacturers. In these days of such strong competition in the market place they're happy to accommodate new accounts. You just have to communicate with them in such a way that they take you seriously. Problem is I don't really like any of their knives %100. I want one knife that's ideal for my use and they don't have it.

• JimCuda,---I can get you all the free SS trauma shears you need. I don't know how rust resistant the ss is in them, but they will cut pennies in half and might work for you and you cannot beat free:D
    I use mine to cut fish heads off as some of the girls at work like head soup:cool2:
    I gave 2 pair to Scott Rapp and his buddy last week.
    I have several for pargo.
    Just let me know.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().