• Steven. Good call. I used to have a gold dusted day gecko and he had a similar shaped face and body color but he is not a native so I doubt I'd have him as a garden visitor

Also seem to have a few young ladybugs hanging around which I love to see. Just need some bees!!

i like to spear fish

• As a huge fan of DIY and urban recycling I had to get creative to deal with this dragon fruit baby. I was walking the dogs and came across a bedframe and misc parts of furniture on the roadside in a pile. The head board was actually three pieces and I was able to pretty easily remove/ break the parts. I clearly looked crazy walking the dogs with garbage but the results are nice!!!

It is pine, very light. From Ikea. And I figure I can keep the dragon fruit happy for at least 3-5 years until he finds a home in the dirt one day.

i like to spear fish

• Wrapped the dragon fruit ladder in burlap today and noticed a big fat purple fig!!! I was stoked. I took a bite and was slammed with tiny ants all in my face. After a little rinse off it was delicious. I have to figure out what to do to deal with the ants.

I ate it in haste. So I have no picture to share. Sorry

i like to spear fish

• Try using food grade DE for the ants. Anyone know if the saucer of beer trick works in Florida for snails? Id hate to waste a perfectly good beer trying to find out!

• Thanks. I got a tip about a grease like substance called tanglefoot that you can use for ants and other crawly pests. I have heard about the beer trick. Maybe ill sacrifice a cheap beer to test it!!

i like to spear fish

• Judah, the storm messed up my sugarcane patch. Had to harvest it all. If you Want, I'll give you a few stalks this weekend.

G

• Hell yeah I do! If you have any with nodes I'd love those to plant at my place.

I lost a few unripe figs and a bunch of berries that I guess I should have harvested last night :)

Did anything else take damage?

i like to spear fish

• Not really, most survived good. I have a bunch of material you can use to propagate. Still wanna fo arts and crafts?

• Yeah man. I think diving is not even worth trying given the rolling waves.

I was thinking of still coming by in morning cos I have some afternoon stuff to take care of.

i like to spear fish

• They range. The tree is tiny. Less than three feet. This guy was the second largest ranging down to a medium to large marble

I was told the tree it was cut from was a prodigious fruiter and the cutting is about two on its own

He'll go into a 5-7 gallon container after the "winter" heh heh

Hoping for lychees!!

i like to spear fish

• I hope so too! We'll need 200 hrs below 68˚F and 40 hrs between 30˚- 40˚F for them to fruit well. The way it is starting off, it is looking promising.

• And the carambola has just started to bud.

See, gardening is clearly for adults only, not because it is mature, but because it is really boring and requires amazing patience. I mean, who could be excited about tiny little blooms like that??

i like to spear fish

• This motivated me to get a few things growing for the first time in years since moving from Wisconsin. Everything Spearalina and I have are in pots of our dock. The tomatillos have their husks, habeneros are about an inch, and the cilantro is bushing out nicely. Hopefully, salsa verde is soon to follow. We'd like to start some small fruit trees in pots, possibly from cuttings. If anyone has some branches to spare or advice how to propagate them would be appreciated.

• So I was in serious trouble with the woman if I didn't come with some ceviche. Thanks to franks help I was able to get four yj's and a goat for some ceviche. I took a handful of limequats a cayanne pepper and some mint from my garden. I got the limes and oranges from my buddies neighbor. The onion and chips and avocado and red pepper are the only things I bought.

And the sea salt.

i like to spear fish