• The apple bananas here have almost a sour twinge to them. Takes a little getting used to.
    We get bananas, 16 per US$ here. They're rejects from the plantations that aren't for export...so I"m told.

• Belizeman, nice Guava tree. Are they the green ones with the pink flesh, or yellow ones with the white flesh? Apple Bananas are the best. I have a plant in the yard as well Judah, I'll let you have a hand once it bears fruit...

• Awesome Gerald, that is mighty generous of you. Can't wait

I just got some Boston pickling cuccumber seeds. I'm gonna germinate them and plant a few on the edges of my property along the fences. See if I can't get some to take hold.

i like to spear fish

• See if I can't get some to take hold.

Good luck, I have NOT gotten them to grow mature and fruit. Snails get to them every time. Gonna try again though... One day you'll have a beautiful vine, next it is gone, all that is left is snail trails... ;(

• They almost taste like apple and bit of bananas but with strong taste. They are very tasty.

Man, I have been looking for jobs down in BZ. Maybe becoming another gringo in BZ as Jerry Jeff put it. :toast:

• Everybody's garden has me jealous. I have blackberries, raspberries, tomatoes and a 2 year old apple tree in my backyard. The apples are just starting to get sweet and delicious, but they are covered in deer netting to keep the deer, birds, and raccoons away from them. I will post a few pictures in the morning.

Love the squirrel pictures. When I was back in Virginia for school I used to love going out into the forest behind my house to plug a couple squirrels with my .22 for a dirt cheap bbq. Nobody in the neighborhood even batted an eyelash. Now that I am in CenCal, I see FAT red squirrels all over the place that I want to take home for dinner... but people here frown on me hunting on my back porch with an air rifle and a beer.

• Belizeman, nice Guava tree. Are they the green ones with the pink flesh, or yellow ones with the white flesh? Apple Bananas are the best. I have a plant in the yard as well Judah, I'll let you have a hand once it bears fruit...

My quava is diffrent from you. When it turn ripe it turn bit yellowing with yellow- orange flesh. I have pic to post so you see them but i seem can't find my camera.

• Man, I have been looking for jobs down in BZ. Maybe becoming another gringo in BZ as Jerry Jeff put it. :toast:

I was born in Belize as well my family for hundend years. Belize are friendily country and english speaking country. Belize was once rule under queen in England. Can't spell her name.

As you are looking a job in BZ are harder come by when there hundren people in Bz looking job.

It is good living here.

• Guava - are you guys w/ guava trees eating the fruit or making jellies and juices from them? Are they relatively maintainence free? What kind of yield do you get from them? Love me some guave preserves and juice.

Planted a hayden mango and avacodo tree this spring, looking forward to next year, buty yield will be low for a while.

I have an amazing leechee tree, didn't fruit this year though.

• I have an amazing leechee tree, didn't fruit this year though.

Same here, I was really looking forward to Lychees, but it never got cold for long enough this year.

As for my guava, it has been really finicky. It got damaged during a cold snap in it's first year, and since then no fruit yet, and very little growth in 2 years. Might pull it and replace with something else...

They are supposed to be easy and relatively maintenance free.

• We only have one quava tree.

It took from this little plant of quava into tree 4 years later. It just start producing fruit last year.
    One tree will yield about 30 - 60 fruit. You loss some due to bird and thieves.

As maintainence thing we never anythign do to tree and we left it alone. We never watering it too due soil is very wet from raining.

I don't like quava not too much but my family does eat them and make jam.