andrews fishies

• Yeah man. Start at the tail and cut towards the head. Night and day difference.
    1. Starting @ tail cutting towards head with razorknife, cut an outline for your filet.
    2. Peel off skin with pliers.
    3. Filet fish as normal.
    4. Cut into strips, lightly flour and fry.
    5 Insert into soft taco shells with your favorite toppings.
    6 Add beer

• Do you mean cutting from the inside out or start at the tail of the fish?

I love triggerfish but hate to clean them. I know to get the knife inside and cut out but I have not heard about cutting from the back

Such good ceviche fish. You have good taste in fish my friend.

I much rather clean trigger fish that scale red grupers with those tiny tightly packed scales. If I had to pick favorites from Florida I would say:

1. Mutton/Hog/Yellow tail
    2. Grouper
    3. Trigger
    4. Cuda

From the PNW:

1. Halibut
    2. Ling cod
    3. Stripped sea bass
    4. King Salmon

• Went off my friend Joses boat today with my now new dive buddies kenny and eric. we rode out of KB, conditions were bumpy but laid down. Hit reef in 30 to start, nothing home cept a bunch of big and legal grouper that wouldve been dinner if it was last month. ah well. We then hit some wrecks, I got a few almaco jacks and 2 grovers of ok size. Had some bulls come in on our chumline. We then bounced out to some wrecks in the 50-80 range, my breathholds were garbage today but I was able to get down to see the wrecks and nobody was home. Then headed to some reef off South Beach, nothing around except a fat 30 inch gag that taunted me and followed me around all day. nice day out on the water with lots of laughs though.

• I thought grouper were good til end of January in the Atlantic?

We're you all with Henry and Leo on his boat? I was almost diving w them but had prior bs to do....

i like to spear fish

• No, did see henry n leo out there though. Watched leo hit the one wreck we were on. Henry is a riot, that dude is crazy

• Hahaha yeah. I love him. He's a nut. But my kind of nut.

I can only imagine what people say about me after meeting me hahahaha I say some weird shit hahaha!!

i like to spear fish

• Got out sunday out of haulover with me and nates russian buddy. Nice rig, worldcat. Last minute trip so it was just the two of us with my girlfriend catching a tan on the boat. Got my first hog of the new year , and a personal best at 6.5 lbs. Pictures didnt do it justice. I knew he was big when I was at 40 feet and just saw the black nose and white body... had a bad shot so I played him out when I headed up for the surface.

Got chased out of the water by a shark too.

• Nice fish. And nice weather. Send some of that down here.

last 2 days were beautiful. I was stuck working yesterday but working underwater cleaning yachts has its perks.... dropped my scraper and went down to get it, and it had landed right on top of a lobster hole. WEEEEE pulled two legal ones out.

• Hit it today with nate. Ive been dying to get out somehow and finally just caved and said lets beach dive it. got in around 1 in hollyhood and drifted the 1st reef. Had 30 ft viz and 74 degree temps -

3 porgies, 2 goatfish, 1 each of a mutton, schoolmaster and mangrove, triggerfish, and a hogfish. Lots of grouper around, no bugs caught. lot of idiot boaters I wouldve been killed if i wasnt on the bottom when when cut right over us.

• Sounds like a nice day very similar to hard line and i's especially the lots of dumb boats part. Nice work guys. Sounds like a nice stringer for a first reef beach dive.

• Ft laudy is scary! Any flag is not big enough.

Sound like you two cleaned up

it was great to get back in the water. I honestly dont really trust anyone else but nate as a buddy so far when it comes to beach diving, ive ended up with alot of idiots as buddies and we both dive tthe same way but still watch out for each other.... bout time me n him got back in since hes been gone. :thumbsup2: