andrews fishies

• contributing my lil reports.

hit it today off my friends rig. went to a spot weve been dying to dive and havent been able to get on it until some friendly advice from the guy who gave us these numbers.

70-100 ft, viz was probably 20-25 feet nothing stellar. Beat the living crap out of the biggest triggers ive ever seen in florida, i think i ended up with over 20. my buddy charlie pulled his PB hog. i also shot a mango and a hog but they paled in comparison to the triggers i was shooting. we got swarmed so bad my buddy charlie swam away from them and stopped shooting em.

• Holy trigger stringer. Now you can open a sandpaper factory. Its hard to tell, are those oceans or greys? or both? Looks like oceans.

• All greys. I have alot of video i need to go through, nate loaned me his gopro today but it was out of control how many there were and how big they were. Im going back to the same spot tomorrow morning.... theres a big black grouper I whiffed on that has an appointment with dr andrew the piercing artist.

• Freedove yesterday out of haulover, north of the inlet. We turned left soon as we left as it looked like crap south. ran north to find beautiful top to bottom viz with no current. Hit a few patch reefs. I pulled one nice boar hog, and a trigger and an almaco jack. consistently was hitting 40 feet with good breathholds.

• Okay. I was afraid you had scuba fins.

Easily the best improvement in my diving comfort came from getting good fins.

40' is a very fine depth. If you can hunt in 40 you can hunt in 60. It is all me mental after that. In my very humble opinion

i like to spear fish

• Okay. I was afraid you had scuba fins.

absolutely not. I only use my scuba fins for school dives and for cleaning boat hulls... other then that i refuse to wear em.

Before i go any deeper i plan on taking a class... Im very well versed in the physiology with SCUBA diving but my class this past semester on SCUBA and freediving physiology and theory dove into freediving stuff that made me want to take the class and do it right so I dont hurt myself.

Edited once, last by Andrewk ().

• Never mind, it's a tracking device. Makes me wonder if it can cause problems for the manatee, getting caught up in logs or something.

Ive seen several with the tracking buoys attached to them. I counted 10 there alone and there was one that used to stop by the sailing beach in the St Lucie River at the resort I worked at up there. I dont think it causes too many problems for them in terms of entanglement.

• Hard to beat the Gray Triggerfish on the table. My fav top 3 fish are flounder, triggerfish, and hogfish. For those of you that don't know, cleaning a triggerfish backwards is much easier.

• Do you mean cutting from the inside out or start at the tail of the fish?

I love triggerfish but hate to clean them. I know to get the knife inside and cut out but I have not heard about cutting from the back

Such good ceviche fish. You have good taste in fish my friend.

i like to spear fish