Major surgery for the Carrot Juice

• Thanks gentlemen.
    Yes Dan. It's a panga design. There are two major brands here. Imemsa, out of Mexico, and Pesquero, out of Guatemala.
    Now there is a guy making them here in Belize too. About 6 inches wider and 3 inches deeper.
    But he didn't think it through. The transom is just a hair too short for a long shaft (25 inch) motor. When we put the Yamahas on my friend's boat, the anti cavitation plate was two inches below the bottom of the boat when you hung them on the transom. But if you raised it up an inch, the top mounting bolts were only a half inch or so from the top of the transom.
    It's always something. Buying boats is hard enough but you have to look for things here that you'd never think of in the US>

• Here's some wahoo they got h and L the full moon of late Nov. Hope they're still there in a couple weeks. Ya man. I'm so fricken stoked...Dan is sending me two more slip tips. Somethin's gonna die out there. hah.

• I didn't know the Gordons fisherman hunted wahoo in Belize... Seriously though the boat looks great, you guys have fun and be safe out there. I look forward to hearing the report.

• Finally got the Juice in the water. I had it registered last week without taking it to the port...for a fee....:). The guy wanted pictures of it in the water so even though it's howling NW winds, with an east wind coming in about 60 miles out on the satellite map (don't want to be there when they meet)...we launched it.
    And as we backed down the ramp, about 50 gallons of water poured out from under the floor into the bilge. The guy had sealed that again after laying the floor and I asked him to drill a hole so it would always drain. It looks like they left the boat outside with the floor off and it rained hard. They didn't drain it again before laying the floor.
    Quality in workmanship....I swear. Anyway, it's dry now.

• It's pretty much a flat bottom except for a little V near the bow so it bangs pretty hard going into chop.
    And in a following sea, it can almost surf. A lot of throttle control is required.
    I was coming home from an outer atholl one day with a crossing sea. sometimes the boat stern would lift right up as two waves peaked under me. Pretty wild as it tried to slide down the face.

Edited once, last by hank ().