NZ for 6 months!!!

• I'm up in taupo doing some trout slaying right now. I will update this thread with "some" pictures sometime this week ;)

• I'm going to be around the north island primarily from late November or so to April. I've got a brand new 3.5mm open cell wetsuit on the boat (for sure coming with me), and a somewhat worn 7mm open wetsuit I can bring.

Published summer water temp ranges are 18-22C, which pretty much says buy a 5mm. Should I buy 5mm or just try and ride it out with the 7mm, or buy 5mm and bring 7mm?

I dove Bay of Islands in 2004 in a worn out surf suit and froze.

• I'm going to be around the north island primarily from late November or so to April. I've got a brand new 3.5mm open cell wetsuit on the boat (for sure coming with me), and a somewhat worn 7mm open wetsuit I can bring.

Published summer water temp ranges are 18-22C, which pretty much says buy a 5mm. Should I buy 5mm or just try and ride it out with the 7mm, or buy 5mm and bring 7mm?

I dove Bay of Islands in 2004 in a worn out surf suit and froze.

I honestly wish I would have bought a 7mm instead of a 5mm
    I got cold a lot on that trip

• I honestly wish I would have bought a 7mm instead of a 5mm
    I got cold a lot on that trip

No chance I'm going to be too hot in it? For calibration, I tried to dive Palos Verdes in summer in my 7 and was way way overheated.