2012: The year the world didn't end!

• 2012 was a great spearing year for me, so I figured I would share some of the trips and pics that I had been on this year since the weather sucks right now and I can't get out to kill fish

The year started out with me on the Gulf Coast spearfishing with my buddies Don Ross and Nolan Sadorf. Doing a few nearshore trips for hogs with some spectacular cold water viz. We got a bunch of hogs, some sheepies and a few mangos. Just your typical wintertime freedive spearfishing. But it felt great to be in the water and killing fish with good friends!

Soon after the New Year, I had to head back to Grenada, where most of you know I go to medical school. Med school pretty much put an end to most of my spearfishing, with nothing great being speared in Grenada. I returned to FL for a quick break in March, where we were able to get out and shoot more hogs.

And witnessed how NOT to put your boat on the trailer.

I returned again to FL over the summer shortly after the 4th of July. Gags were open at the time and we were able to run out and get a nice box full with Brian Hasson and crew.

I was able to make a Middle Grounds trip with Tony Sellers and Frank Carr and we cleaned up on the Red Snapper and grouper.

We also did a few more trips out for some AJ’s and did pretty well on those too.

I was able to get out a few times with Nolan Sadorf and he put me to shame stalking those spooky in season Gags and we also were able to get Don his first hogfish!

We were able to get out one more time before I left for Grenada to get a 2 man limit of gags and some hogs. I was able to turn the footage into one of my first Youtube videos.

Freedive Spearfishing- Clearwater, FL - YouTube

Back in Grenada for the Fall semester, I was able to take a little island hopping vacation to Bequia, St. Vincent where I was able to get out with my friend Nadeem on his gorgeous Cabo to shoot this 20lb mutton snapper as well as get some BIG lobster. This mutt was a personal best for me and I will never forget the feeling of success and excitement I got when it came to the surface!

• Back in Grenada, I was able to do a shore dive with John Modica and he shot this 12lb Mutt in 30ft of water. The pic doesn’t really do it justice, but we were tired from swimming all day lol.

I got this HUGE crab on a tank dive I did with some locals. I cooked it up that night and it tasted amazing!

Back in the good ol’ US of A, I was able to get out twice before this horrible weather came through and get a decent amount of hogs and some nice AJ’s.

Thanks to all who took me out on their boats this year, who put me up for the night, and who hooked me up with dive gear when I needed it!! A big thanks to Andrew at Nautilus Spearfishing for hooking me up with a new Andre 144 Euro!!

I wish you all the best in 2013, and I hope more PR’s are broken this year! I’ll be editing the footage I got from the past 2 trips and posting a video as soon as I get a working copy of Sony Vegas lol. Anyway, Happy New Year to all my fellow spearo’s out there and let’s pray for good weather because these back to back to back cold fronts suck!