I want this knife sheath

• I can't answer your question. But since you asked me, I have some thoughts about that sheath and knife.

If the fabric sheath fits snug enough around the knife to hold it securely, at some point I'm sure you'll poke the knife into the material trying to get it inside.

I don't like skeleton knives, the handle is uncomfortable to grip, and it's hard to get good leverage on the knife.

The Speardiver skene knife has all the qualities this set up aspires to have. The knife is flat and very low profile, but the handle is comfortable. The sheath is low profile and flexible, it will mold to the contour of your body. It holds the knife very securly, especially when rigged with a bungee, which the semi stiff sheath material allows. If this knife wasn't available I'd mess around with the fabric sheath, as it is I don't believe there's a need.

• Thanks Dan. That is just what I needed. You also have some good experience with hypalon too so I trust your assessment

I really am attempting to have an iki and a blade. I am just toying with some different configurations.

The stinger knife is great but the unique handle makes it hard to use a bungee and I need to be able to slip my hand through one or I drop the knife within a few dives.

i like to spear fish

• The elastic straps are great. They grip the wetsuit and don't slide around. You might find that it has to be replaced ever so often. I bought a 20ft roll and use it for knives and camera pouches etc..

Good luck

• I've seen the RA knife in person at a local shop and really liked it. The only reason that I didn't buy it is I've had my current knife for several years and I develop odd emotional attachments to spearfishing equipment. I'm surprised that there aren't any elastic straps available for knives (that I know of anyway), as that's what attracted me to this knife the most, as well as the super low profile. I really don't like the buckle and marseilles style knife straps. For that reason I wear my only knife on my belt.. which is bad. Should I have to drop my belt, I no longer have the most important piece of diving gear.

• Nate what are you using now, buckle or Marseilles? More importantly did you google how to spell Marseilles? haha seriously though I was so stoked when Dan gave me some Marseilles to use after I had buckles for so long, they work so much better!

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• You're fast tonight Steven. I edited my previous post, I'm wearing an Omer knife on my belt. Seven years of French makes spelling marseilles easy.. I still live in constant fear of Madame Howell kicking my ass.

• I just think of sauce,,,I bet Madame Howell wasn't even sexy (as a french instructor obviously should be). Well thanks for clarifying,, after all this divin together I forgot where u put your knife

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• ,I bet Madame Howell wasn't even sexy (as a french instructor obviously should be).

You're correct. What she lacked in sexiness, she made up for in brute strength.. you don't screw with Madame Howell.

• Lunker Buster The rubber elastic straps is better, the rubber elastic girdles merge with the sun, because I have no problem with the knife in his belt, image 2 classes end with clips or buckles normal
    Certainly Dan that knife look too good
    Cressi had a knife and sharpen both for years has been as a toothpick, so now I have a new one that seems not oxidize as fast Singlasub Italian brand, I think it has disappeared or been integrated into other brand

• For that reason I wear my only knife on my belt.. which is bad. Should I have to drop my belt, I no longer have the most important piece of diving gear.

I have been wearing my knives in my belt for many years...

I think that if you need your knife to untangle and save your life, probably you won't make it to save your life. I am also of the opiniion that if you have to ditch your belt is because you have been doing something wrong (for a while).

Those are my personal thoughs. Nothing against you. ;)

Judah: With the bungee system you can use whatever knife in wathever sheath you have.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I think that if you need your knife to untangle and save your life, probably you won't make it to save your life. I am also of the opiniion that if you have to ditch your belt is because you have been doing something wrong (for a while).

I agree that most likely 80% of the time this is true. But that other 20%....rather than untying or untangling a fishing line on your leg or arm....a quick cut could get you free.
    That's why I wear my knife on my calf. It's hard to see because of my mask, when it's on my weight belt. So if I DO need it, I won't have to fumble around to get it.....and maybe have a greater chance of dropping it. That would suck. :@