Building a hybrid?

• Yes, I think adding graphite filled epoxy to the track is important. I like to cut the track a little oversized and go back with the graphite filled epoxy in several thin coats. Sandpaper around a drill bit works well between coats. After a few coats and sanding in between you end up with a very smooth, much lower friction track.

I'll have to pick your brain a little about whether (and how) to do that on my tube. I just finished the dowel, and it's within 0.005" of round just about anywhere you want to measure. That bullnose bit really did the trick.

• Tin Man.
    By the look of your handle i will say you used a thinner frame from the delrim. I'm trying to change the way the neptonic frame look. I really dont have Big Hands, so i'm a little affraid that the Bubble Gum. will covered the whole handle making it a little to thick for molding it right. So i'm looking on how we can make the neptonic handle a little thinner and how to remove the ripples in the front to make it flatter. That way the bubble gum can cover it whole, and still manage to shape right with the gloves without getting close to the frame. What you recommend i can do with the handle?. Looking to have almost the same shape you have on yours maybe a little thicker. But not as thick as the neptonic.

• I don't think that I would recomend wrapping the shapelock all the way around the handle, for several reasons.

1. When you try to use two or more colors of the shapelock, the colors will smear together if you shape it too much.

2. There is no reason to wrap the shapelock all the way around the handle. Because the handle frame is hollow, the two sides can touch in the middle and lock in place. I think this will actually look better in the end than wrapping all the around.

3. The back of the handle is pretty close to the screw holes. If you wrap the shapelock all the way around, then it may interfere with the holes.

So I think that there are two ways we can do this. One, we can apply two pieces of shapelock, one on each side, and flush with the front and back handle edges. Or two, I can cut away most of the handle, and just weld in a narrower piece that can have the shapelock wrapped all the way around, if you don't like the position of the front and back edges of the handle.

• So I think that there are two ways we can do this. One, we can apply two pieces of shapelock, one on each side, and flush with the front and back handle edges. Or two, I can cut away most of the handle, and just weld in a narrower piece that can have the shapelock wrapped all the way around, if you don't like the position of the front and back edges of the handle.

Well i guess we can do some talking about this one. Because i wish not to see the metal at the handle where i put my hands. The area where the screws go can be metal no problem. I just like the clean esthetic look when the bubble gun covers all. I think yours was like it right?
    Well i guess you and Bill (Master Woody):)can do pretty much anything there, you guys are the 2 masterminds. If its possible will be nice. there is something about this neptonic frame that is bothering me a little. I guess I'm comparing it to much with the RIFFE one. and you know how annoying the handle can be, not trying to be annoying:rolleyes1:.:D Just trying to come up with something very comfortable to :attack3: