50" two bander

• Some girl in FL just won this gun we built. Gonna be sad to ship it out.

50" tip to butt
    Neptonics Reef Mech
    2 x 5/8" bands
    5/16" shaft
    Sturgill AR mid-handle
    all Teak, Oil finish

• i like seeing how you used the wood rasp :thumbsup2:

When I shape wood I use whatever tool is best or available for what I want to accomplish. These are called Surform tools. I have short ones, long ones, convex ones, full round and flat. Surform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I use just about my full box of tools when shaping wood. Spokeshaves, block planes, Surforms, 60 grit sand paper, disc sanders and belt sanders. whatever works

Dustan Baker

• thanks because when i was doing my build i bought some rasps and they just skated over the purple heart . ended up using the router and sandpaper only .

Be safe ... Happy hunting .

• Nice design Dusty, where did the inspiration come from and what are the benefits to this design?

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Dan,
    Surform tools are great for fast removal. Stanley makes them, Home Depot or Ace. The trick is to know when to stops and switch to a tool that removes less before it's too late. The are like cheese graders.... don't get carried away, it's easy to go too far. ROUGH MATERIAL REMOVAL ONLY. I have been using these since college wood shop.

One thing I like them on is end grain.

this one is a favorite:

and this one

but with the half round. here is where I used the half round(it's more convex not half round) on the end grain to get a shape I wanted.

Dustan Baker