To new members ....

• Of all the various forums in regards to consumptive pursuits you may have chosen to explore, this in my opinion, is probably one of the best ones. As a guy who hunts both on land and in water, fly fishes, runs a trap line; this place is very accepting of your pursuit. I think of fellow members here as ' brothers'. And you will too...

However...

Do not come here to talk about killing for the sake of just killing. Everything we take can be utilized somehow. Talk to wild animal rescues and bird of prey shelters for the flesh, bowyers and bootmakers for skins, gardeners, etc... nothing needs go to waste. Take care of and enjoy what we're allowed to take.

Many of us here are from vastly different and diverse backgrounds....but our mutual respect makes it work .

• Well said Aaron :toast:

Speaking of which, I have a project in the works at home. Been drying dew claws from deer and unusable portion of antlers that I will be making some pretty interesting jewelry from when I get home.

Also have a nice copperhead skin that I plan on putting on side grips of my 1911. Can't wait to share these projects.

• Well said Aaron :toast:

Speaking of which, I have a project in the works at home. Been drying dew claws from deer and unusable portion of antlers that I will be making some pretty interesting jewelry from when I get home.

Also have a nice copperhead skin that I plan on putting on side grips of my 1911. Can't wait to share these projects.

Better post pics of the 1911...and the jewlery.

• Couldn't agree more Aaron as I am all of the above as well. What I see most in jeopardy is the trap line as the general public is as misinformed as anywhere. Thanks for putting this up, and thanks to Dan for a great place to share.

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry