Gopro mount for air guns

• It started in the C4 mount but it's better to have it in a new thread...
    Here are some pics for feedback to come.
    Sith had already pointed somethings out (please repeat it here)...
    thanks for looking

• Thanks for starting a new thread.

I like it a lot:thumbsup2:

There two things however that I would like in a mount (not a must but would be nice in my opinion) but I don't know if it's possible:

1. An easy way to remove the mount. No tools and with gloves on.
    2. A mount that would have little to no blocking of the view while aiming. I don't see well even with contacts on so I need all the help I can get. ;)

Maybe something like this:

Edited 2 times, last by Sith ().

• how about having the top part reduced to 2mm? or a cut-out could be made ...

After some thought, a notch might affect your aim. Especially if the mount moves from getting bumped. Maybe just getting the material as thin as possible would be best.
    I like the minimalist idea in hope that you wouldn't have a need to remove the mount when not using the camera yet have the option to easily remove it should one preference that.

Might as well add to it a retaining clip for the spear :)

Do you mean to hold a spare shaft while spearfishing or for storage?

• Storage is what I had in mind. But I guess a spare shaft holder for those expert freeshafters will work too.

I like the idea for storage (as a separate mount as to not add bulk).
    I can't comment on free shafting. I'm definitely not one those experts. :D :attack1:

• Looks Good, Are you going to plastic inject this part?

It might make the mold a little more complicated, but a couple of O-ring groove on the inside of the big ring to take compression and snug up the part from rotating. I understand the need to want for a hinge.

The bolts are more work to remove, but stronger in the end I would think. You might be able to beef up the hinge for strength. If you are going with the hinge, get rid of the bolts on the other side, perhaps some type 1/4 Turn Cam and use a Quick acting Thread.

These take a surprising amount of thrust. you could thread the plastic and then put on of these in there.

Item No: QA-3 [Quick-Acting Threaded Insert]

Anyway, just some ideas out of the box... -John

• I've been doing the other mounts by 3D printing so no problem in "complicating" the sapes...
    Also still don't know if I will go ahead with this one but you ideas are interesting...

I need to search how that part works since it's the first time i hear about it :)

Thank for your input.

• 3 D printing is really kool, How is it for strength? I assume it is less than a typical piece of ABS Plastic. Assume you are using ABS.

Just thinking, but sound run a test of a 3-d Part compared to a ABS Part made in conventional way. Something like a Tensile Test.

Tensile test and Stress-Strain Diagram [SubsTech].

I don't understand the T-slot and Mounting. Might be something trick you do there. Maybe a bolt to add friction from below.

Would you 3-D print the threads, or cut them afterwards with a tap?

I have a small Plastic Injection Machine, got a good deal on it, and couldn't pass it up. Still looking for something to make with it.

• at 5mm thickness (like in the pics) it is very strong...
    I'm using polyamide.

the t slot is the gopro mount (if that's what you're mentioning)

Must be a cool toy :)

• I hope you decide to produce at least one. Who knows maybe your original design would be small enough to leave on all the time and not interfere with aiming.

• What if you put a smooth contour on the top center to aide viewing, it might also act like a rear gun sight?

As for the T-shot, you might have some type of indent to snap it into place. I didn't find the Male T-slot to see it.

This part would fit right in with Dan's store.

• What if you put a smooth contour on the top center to aide viewing, it might also act like a rear gun sight?

As for the T-shot, you might have some type of indent to snap it into place. I didn't find the Male T-slot to see it.

This part would fit right in with Dan's store.

please check the video I made for the C4 mount and you'll see how it snaps in :)

[VIMEO]71768036[/VIMEO]

• I hope you decide to produce at least one. Who knows maybe your original design would be small enough to leave on all the time and not interfere with aiming.

:) I'm now focused on the mask mount and the universal gun mount... after these are set I can give some more attention to this. Even if there's not much interest on this I'll make one for you if you want :)

• :) I'm now focused on the mask mount and the universal gun mount... after these are set I can give some more attention to this. Even if there's not much interest on this I'll make one for you if you want :)

Thanks very nice of you considering the low interest level.:thumbsup2:
    Best of luck with the other mounts.