Spearos from Quebec, Canada

• Hello everybody,

I'm a newcomer to the community of spearfishing but I've been reading a lot on the subjects in the past few weeks.

I learned how to spearfish in Cuba when I was 11 years old, and have been going there to spearfish for the last 15 years, on and off.

While many have learned to use a bandgun initially, I learned to fish using a "criollo" pneumatic gun my friend had over there.

I just came back from there actually, spent over 3 weeks spearfishing/freediving in the southern coast of Cuba. It was the first time I brought my own gun (a Cyrano 850 from Mares), which I donated to my friend as a gift for 15 years of friendship.

I'm however now back to the Gatineau/Ottawa region to finish my studies (Am from Montréal).

Wanted to say hi to the people from the Community, and hopefully make new acquaintances be it from Canada, or any spearos that shares the same passion of me for being in the Water!

If someone has questions about reef spearfishing in Cuba, don't be afraid to ask Not an expert, but I know the ins and outs of living there.