• Hey there, just like to know if RABITECH/SUMORA is still doing business in the US/SA/WORLD? I tried to look up an US dealer without success. Thanks.:confused1:

• That's so sad watching a company who had a quality product once ,doing a nose dive like that. Other Manufacturers will feel a hit too in the near future, unless they step up their game.Thanks for the update Dan, I once had a Rabitech stealth 120 and was wondering if they're still in business. The competition is fierce these days with a lot of manufacturers emerging on the world stage with a quality product. :)

• I did not know that, knowledge is power!:10-4: I always thought that they where head to head with RA in SA. Cheers mate!

• Okay, so clicking that link freaked me out! They manufacture RA, Rabitech,Seacsub as well...damn! Dan your a treasure-trove :)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• So, where's every one else's ( AIMRITE,HAMMWEHEAD, MAKO , PATHOS,SPEARDIVER ,ect)manufacturing origin then? If everything comes from CHINA/TAIWAN factories the quality of the product (talking barrels) would be similar and we just pay for the labels and design.:(

• Well I have read here and now understand the difference are that certain manufacturers set different specs if they are large. Others put in quality aftermarket parts to bring up the performance and quality.

George Steele

• Just went to the website and I, ve seen my RA IKI SPIKE and want to puke. Seeing how much they retail and where they coming from makes me mad. I ' ve also seen a lot of familiar Handles and other stuff. It reminds me of the Mountain Bike Manufacturers, there are only a handful of frames made in the US.:(

• I am not from the USA and don't care where my stuff is manufactured, I care about the quality of my purchase... I also care if it is being ethically produced, as well if I am being ripped off.

George Steele

• I am not from the USA and don't care where my stuff is manufactured, I care about the quality of my purchase... I also care if it is being ethically produced, as well if I am being ripped off.

Makes sense : - )

• While Taiwan Sports without a doubt manufacture Rabitech and Mako spearguns, I don't think they manufacture any of the other brands you mentioned. They do have have pictures of the other brand's spearguns on their site. Some of the pictures show parts that look the same as the other brand's, but upon close inspection you can see they're copies and only somewhat similar. I suspect the legit pictures are borrowed without authorization, and used to draw the attention of potential buyers. So when you contact Taiwan Sports it will be like: "We don't actually have this speargun, but if you're interested we can copy it for you.".

Trust me that in the case of spearguns not copied from reputable brands and actually designed by Taiwan Sports (that's to say by Daniel Hu) such as the Rabitech and Mako lines, they have some ridiculous and impractical features, which to the inexperienced spearo appear purposeful and innovative. This is because Daniel Hu doesn't dive or spear, so testing in a real environment was done only after the product was finalized. A running joke among legit Taiwanese spearos is that Daniel Hu can't even swim.

• How about copyright protection?

The Chinese are not into copyright protection, they treat everything as "open source". Ditto for patents, until they have some of their own of course. Right now others do the R&D and the Chinese think it is OK to use it without making any royalty payments. Partly they are emboldened by many Western manufacturers relocating their factory production to China, thus effectively rewarding this behaviour, by tapping into the organized and disciplined cheap labour force there; well cheap for now that is! Once factories are closed down everywhere else their prices will go up as competition will have been destroyed and manufacturing capabilities lost in their target overseas markets.

• I've got a Rabitech Stealth Pro 110. A lot of Spearo's here swear by either Rob Allen or Rabitech guns for UAE conditions.
    The muzzle is pretty awkward, however, it does what it intends to do rather well, that is, shoot straight. The handle could be more ergonomic though, but that's a minor gripe.

I prefer the feel of lighter euro's such as Cressi, Omer and Mares; but these Euro brands don't feel as 'tough' as the Rabitech. The hardware that came with the gun was solid! The stainless steel mech felt strong and smooth, and the 7mm spear is quite sturdy (shot into holes with no problems).

This isn't to say that I think it's unbreakable, but I think it seems pretty solid given the beating that it's gotten over the past few months. Will keep this thread updated if anything does happen to the gun.

I have no issues with the brand. I am quite dissapointed by what Mako have done with Rabi's products though. Kind of unethical pushing them out of the US market.

• I AGREE WITH YOU!
    I also had no problems with my Rabitech, even liked it better than my RA, then switched to Riffe and so far very happy. For close ups on reefs and structure I use my mares 850 Cyrano old timer which never gave me a problem. I think that most manufacturers have their products made or assembled where labor is cheaper but some of them are able to keep the quality standards high.Cheers!

• The original handles are from Sporasub and Cavalero Champion; the "Stealth" and the "Apex" models respectively. Hence they were borrowed designs from the start, but equipped with stronger innards such as stainless steel levers. The "ARC2000" from Cavalero Champion was fitted with brass trigger mechanism levers when it came out in 1986, then Rabitech modified it for their product line.