Spearo from Gulf of Mexico

• Hello you all. I was kind of intrigued for the request to make an introduction of myself, but it makes all the sense since forums without restrictions get derailed frecuently, so I would try to provide as much information without sending a biography. Firstable, I like spearfishing a lot, thats why I am here. My name is Carlos, age 45, blessed with a nice big family, happily married, two kids, live in Tampico, Tam, Mx in the Gulf of Mexico. I believe in respect to others and to yourself. Joining this forum to learn, know people with common interests and share some information. Love and willing to learn new stuff all the time, and always ready to go spearfishing. The rest are details; if you want to check some of them out, keep reading.

My state Tamaulipas is the southern neighbor of Texas and we also have pretty good hunting and fishing all around; my state is sadly in the news for all the drug cartel war violence going on for the last years. Tampico is in the southern tip of the state and is a commercial port surrounded by lagoons. I had an awesome childhood with outdoors enthusiast parents and brothers. I was raised liking all different kind of stuff, from intelectual to all outdoors activities, land or water. I have had many outdoors interest during my life from fishing, bowhunting, duck and deer hunting, scuba, mountaneering, trekking, canyoning, whitewater kayaking and rafting, climbing, diving, mountain biking, archaeology, fossil and rock collecting, metal detecting, wildlife watching, caving, skydiving, photo and videography, among others. I still like them all, even if not practicing as much as I would like to. Surfing was my passion many years. My skin got in trouble with the sun, and no longer possible to be exposed too much, therefore I have to wear mask and big hats like a bird scarer when in the boat or outdoors. Freshwater and seashore spearfishing since I was a kid; but the last 6 or 7 years definetely got addicted to spearfishing. Reef, oil rigs and blue water are my main interest. Learning every year. Consider myself a better underwater hunter than apneist. Used to be trying to grow scales and gills without succes :D. Now focusing on learning and expanding my freediving skills. Like to design, make or modify my equipment. Love the hunt, selective self harvested fresh food and cooking. I believe in responsible fishing and living.

• Welcome, great introduction! Looking forward to pictures and stories from you Carlos.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Hola Carlos - Bienvenido! Espero encontrar fotos y reportes de Tampico.

Hello Carlos - Welcome! Hope to find photos and reports from Tampico.