Catching Hell

• Yesterday I watched that spearfishing show on the Weather Channel from about 3:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Episode after episode.

I was in and out of the house but it was on the whole time. It was about four different boats and crews diving off Hudson Harbor, MIddle Grounds and that area of the Gulf.

Some nice footage. All scuba though. I was impressed by the amounts of fish they could find. Not too many big snappers. Hogs, gags….

Who is Ritcie….I forget. He said he was the Florida Spearfishing Champion, US Champ….and had numbers trophies for winning tournaments. He calls….or IS called "TGO". "The Great One". He was pretty badass shooting but got really pissed when he did a dive and didn't get any fish. I figured if he's that famous, some of you Florida boys might know him or who he is.

There was some drama between crew members on the boats but all in all, I'd watch it. It's kind of like Deadliest Catch. Of course, it would be a big improvement with free divers doing the shooting. :thumbsup2::D

Edited once, last by hank ().

• There are aprox 10 episodes to the show Catching Hell on the weather channel. The show is listed as a docudrama, which means it is a show about real events that are dramatized (exaggerated) for TV. That said, I have a lot of respect for Petra (Lisa). This lady has been through a lot during her diving career. She is NOT the dolting female diver that she sometimes portrays in this show.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• I used to catch that show every once in a while a few years ago.

Just trying to be helpful here.
    "Catching Hell" first aired in 2014. The lady spearo is Petra (Lisa)
    "Speargun Hunter" that starred Sheri Daye was released in 2009

hank----Ritice is Ritchie Zacker, aka "Bucket One", aka "TGO" out of Tampa, Fl (He is NOT on SB :) )
    hope this helps

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 8 times, last by hau ().

• I didn't know that was Petra. She seems pretty cool on Spearboard. And she's a diver for sure.

Petra was on the boat when my friend Rob Murphy got his legs chopped off by a speeding boater. Rob might not be alive today had it not been for Petra's help and support. This is only some of what Petra has been through. Even though she blows bubbles, she is one tough sexy girl. :cool2:

• Petra was on the boat when my friend Rob Murphy got his legs chopped off by a speeding boater. Rob might not be alive today had it not been for Petra's help and support. This is only some of what Petra has been through. Even though she blows bubbles, she is one tough sexy girl. :cool2:

That's really cool. I love rugged women. (believe me, I'm married to one :thumbsup2:) Now that you mention it, I remember reading that when Rob had that terrible incident. He's lucky to be alive and he's still shooting fish.

• That's really cool. I love rugged women. (believe me, I'm married to one :thumbsup2:) Now that you mention it, I remember reading that when Rob had that terrible incident. He's lucky to be alive and he's still shooting fish.

What's even more.. rob now freedives too. With special merman prostheses. He is a real real inspiration. talk about staying positive

i like to spear fish

• Its funny to watch these commercial guys destroy the reef for profit. They are all pretty much a joke. Seriously, we could probably round up a better crew off one of these online forums. It should really put it into perspective for FWC and conservationists whos really killing off the fish populations. Its certainly not the recreational diver harvesting a few fish...

Relax & Go Spearfishing