Light bulbs are illegal

• Over the past few months it seemed to me that incandescent light bulb prices are increasing at Home Depot. Today I went to Publix to get a light bulb and couldn't find one, only expensive LED bulbs. So I searched online. Turns out as of Jan 2014 it's illegal to manufacture or import incandescent light bulbs. You can read about it here If You Like Your Light Bulb, You Can. I'm all for energy saving and efficiency, but I already tried the new expensive LED bulbs and the light they put out is uncomfortable for my eyes. I think the US government interfering with the free market is outrageous.

• Take a look at these bulbs. It's actually a small bulb inside the traditional Edison bulb.

The trick to these are a small internal bulbs has a fancy thin film coating on them The film (filter) will only let the visible spectrum of light pass though it. The rest of the light is reflected back at the filament.

All this energy is used to keep the filament hot so less power draw. The other selling feature is the light coming out of it more balance,

e.g. great for make-up stations for the gal. Makes them look better in this light.

And Yep I was involved in making equipment to apply the films to these bulbs. All of it is in Germany now.

Buy the Philips Halogena Energy Saver Household 046677209698 Household

They used to be at Home Depot. but haven't looked lately.