Spearfishing Trindad & Tobago 2014

• Nice mutton. We don't have many sharks neither in Venezuela. I guess I will freak a little if I see one sometime. I was used to them in Puerto Rico, but here, diving with my kids... :nono:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Yeah that was the deal with me Marco, used to them here but in low visibility water in a place where they are rarely seen definitely created a big pucker effect ;)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Yeah shet man....bad vis and a river nearby.....

Last week Jake and Byron, a guy working in the hatchery had to scuba out 1500 feet and put some self starting screws into our 6 inch PVC pipe. Hurricane Richard broke it up in 09 and we just slipped it back together. We tied it with trucker tie downs but the fishermen nearby love our FAD and always anchor there because there are so many mangrove snappers. And they pull the pipe apart.

Anyway, they were swimming out under water and saw some BIG horse eye jacks checking them out. Then the jacks bugged out in a hurry. Then,...jake sees a tail....he says about 4 feet tall, with a tall dorsal and short under side fin....and gray. They went on out and finished the job but jake said he was nervous.

Vis was about 8 feet. There is a fair sized river...for here....about half mile up the beach which keeps our salinity around 32 ppt. Seems like a bull sharky place based on all I've read about them and fresh water. I don't mind if I can see them but murky water......brrrrrr......:@

• Tell Jake his balls are bigger than mine! I would have left that job for another day bruddah!

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele