New Guy From South West Florida

• Hi All, My name is Steve and I just signed on to Speardiver. Looks like a great place.
    I have been out of spearfishing since 2008 when my wife had to have surgery on her spine and could no longer go out on the boat. I had a really great 22' Mako with twin 135 Mercury OB.

My friend that got me into spearfishing recently got a good deal on a nice used 30 footer with twin inboards and now we are planning on getting into spearfishing again.

Back in 2008 before the surgery, I bought a Mares Cyrano 970 which has never been in the water. Before that I used a smaller Mares and had pretty good luck with it. Looking forward to trying the new gun. Steve

• Pneumatics are good. Mares are the best out there. Even a Cyrano or a Sten 11 will serve you well. Normally the shafts suck, but you can buy aftermarket new ones.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Hey LunkerBuster, we are pretty close, I'm on Marco Island.
    I have an older smaller Mares Marco that I bought back in the mid 80's. I have only had it serviced once and it still shoots fine, tho I have bought after market shafts for it as I have for the new big one.