Number of strokes to reach 10 meter depth

• Hi,

How many strokes it takes you to reach 10 meter depth in bi-fins. I count each leg move as 1 stroke.
    You can specify your height and weight to allow others to compare themselves.

Thanks!

• I do count strokes before free gliding to the bottom. When I'm diving deep usually are 10, but I don't know what depth I've reached. Next time I can take a look at my watch and tell you, but it's going to take a week because I only go out on weekends.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I usually count 6 or 7. Depends on if I am fighting kelp or not. Without kelp its much easier to get to depth. I believe this is dependent on fin types, buoyancy, and general fitness too.

I run a 5 mil wetsuit with 20 pounds on my waist. I am neutral at 20 feet.

My depth is estimated as I do not have a watch determining it.

• Ok, I counted on my dives the other day and it was 5 cycles most of the time and some were 6. I think it depended on what my target depth was. When I'm going deeper I noticed I tend to put more power in to my kicks.

I'm using a 7mm suit with 20lbs and my fins are speardiver C100

I think hookinfish is right about all the things that affect each diver that would make this kind of a personal number.

• Hard one to answer exactly. I weight myself neutral at 20 or so feet. I am 6' 1" 220lbs and wear a 3mm suit with 12lbs of weight. Most times I stop swimming and sink at 20 ft, seems like it takes me 4 or 5 kicks to get there. I dive vertical structure, so I am not always "heading to the bottom" since fish hold at all levels. But when I am going for grouper or snapper on the bottom in 65 or 70 ft., I kick the entire way. I will count when I go in 2 weeks. I wear mares razor pro fins.