PWC or kayak for spearfishing?

• Rigid Inflatable Boat. I believe.

I used them in Malaysia and we went 20 miles out. They're really stable as long as you don't get a hole in them. :D

Ya it's not like we would put anything sharp in it:rolleyes1:

• For the money you spend on a pwc you'll be able to get a decent small boat. 2.You're able to launch a kayak from everywhere, some kayaks have been modified with a small engine. Check out kayaksail.com or u tube.These sails cost 2-300 bucks and yakkers use them all over the world, the best ones made by the kiwis (NZ) and are very simple to use. Just an idea!

• For you RIB guys out there. What are some things to watch out for when buying a used one? Aside from the obvious.... . Big holes or tears.

• Most critical part of a RIB is where the hull and tubes are glued together, if there is separation there at the seams its junk, getting hull reattached to floats costs as much as a second hand one. Holes are no big issue. Fiberglass patches to hull also no big deal.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Basically it reconditions the hypalon or pvc portions. It's a two part system. The limited reviews I've found seem promising.... if it's needed.

• It claims that it extends the life of an inflatable. I obviously would not be going just off of the manufacturer claims but some of the reviews support the product. Not saying that it is as good as brand new but might be able to extend the life of an inflatable. I'll try and attach the link.

• And also, I'm not trying to sell you on the stuff. You all know way more about boats then I do. I'm just wanting your opinion

• Just like you I'm very skeptical of using paint to to make the tubes better. In the long run it may make more trouble than leaving the tubes as they are. If you need to do any glue work, like a patch, I'm pretty sure you'll need to remove the paint as it will not hold glue.

• From what I read it's a two part process. The base coat is "structural". Supposedly it bonds to the material of your inflatable. They claim that it works on both pvc and hypalon. They also say that the base coat bonds in a way similar to volcanizing. And then the second coat is the paint. They do say that if you have to patch it in the future that you will have to sand down atleast to the base coat and apply the patch.
    I am very skeptical but there are reviews that claim it works.

• What Kayak brands do most of you guys use? I love my Royak but for some reason I feel like she is getting heavier (I must be getting weaker). How much do your yaks weigh? Thanks.

*Don't mean to thread jack.

• What Kayak brands do most of you guys use? I love my Royak but for some reason I feel like she is getting heavier (I must be getting weaker). How much do your yaks weigh? Thanks.

*Don't mean to thread jack.

Scupper pro - 55lbs
    Used a Hobie (thanks Hau) for a while that was an amazing kayak but very heavy
    Used an aquaterra prism (thanks lunkerbuster) for around a year as well and it is probably my favorite : weighs a little more than scupper but a lot less than Hobie

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!