Drone Shows Sharks at Surfside CA

• Saw this article on Drudgereport this morning

"A new drone that is being utilized by Southland lifeguards reveals a chilling look at how many sharks are just feet from the shoreline at one beach.
    “This morning, we launched it and 10 minutes later, we knew there were 10 to 12 sharks all in the Surfside [Beach] area,” Chief Joe Bailey, a Seal Beach lifeguard, said."

Probably happening in FL and other areas, you guys seen this before?

Use Of Drone By Lifeguards At Local Beach Reveals Chilling Look At Sharks Near Shoreline « CBS Los Angeles

• It is a little unnerving, but those are little ones. Caught lots of Makos right off shore. Some were big enough to have seals in their stomach. Just wish my dive gear didn't make me look like a seal.

• Not sure about the drones but if you have a helicopter hovering in your zone for an extended period they might not be hanging out to admire your awesome freedive abilities.

• You spearo's in SoCal are in 7th heaven this year. Early big YT, early and Big WSB and now daily reports of BFT being speared over 100 #'s with videos showing hundreds of big BFT swarming divers. Just this week a guy speared a BFT weighing 165 pounds with a rail gun off a jet ski :@:D.

Great time to be a spearo in SoCal so what's a few baby GWS. Get out there and spear your BFT before they disappear. :thumbsup2:

• I fly over the beaches usually from Haulover to the Key Biscayne area and you wouldn't believe how close you find sharks to swimmers

• Not surprised,

These Drones are going to change at lot of aspects of life in general. Time will tell....

I saw one the other day take off and video a house fire. (News Article) Operator was doing fine, but got bored...

He got in close and was screwing with firemen, within range of water hose. They blasted it... :thumbsup2: and now he is bitching for replacement.

Drone operator needed to be spanked and ordered to bring fresh cookies to Fire House every week for a year.

Drones are going to impact All of us, More good than Bad.

I can see a Dive boat having one, send it up to do RECON before Diving. Or a Charter Boat to film and watch over divers.

Where are the underwater drones?

• [quote='Linghunt','http://spearfishing.world/forums/index.php?thread/&postID=97643#post97643']Not surprised,

These Drones are going to change at lot of aspects of life in general. Time will tell....

I saw one the other day take off and video a house fire. (News Article) Operator was doing fine, but got bored...

He got in close and was screwing with firemen, within range of water hose. They blasted it... :thumbsup2: and now he is bitching for replacement.

Drone operator needed to be spanked and ordered to bring fresh cookies to Fire House every week for a year.

Drones are going to impact All of us, More good than Bad.

I can see a Dive boat having one, send it up to do RECON before Diving. Or a Charter Boat to film and watch over divers.

Where are the underwater drones?[/QUOTE]

Here are a few. I am sure there are many more.

AQUABOTIX HydroView Sport Remote-Controlled Underwater Vehicle | West Marine

Aquabotix HydroView PRO SLE Mini Underwater ROV 01-HV-PRO-000SLE

• You spearo's in SoCal are in 7th heaven this year. Early big YT, early and Big WSB and now daily reports of BFT being speared over 100 #'s with videos showing hundreds of big BFT swarming divers. Just this week a guy speared a BFT weighing 165 pounds with a rail gun off a jet ski :@:D.

Great time to be a spearo in SoCal so what's a few baby GWS. Get out there and spear your BFT before they disappear. :thumbsup2:

The wsb and Halibut have actually been pretty pitiful in sheer #'s this year in my area. Specifically anacapa, the outer channel islands have yet to really stumble on a pattern on fish holding anywhere for longer than a few days.

By comparison, last year this time, you could throw a stick blindfolded and backwards and hit palaegic sport fish.

• Halibut numbers this year for SoCal are very low. Have yet to see a legal one diving this year. People still get them just not as much.