AB Biller customer service, or the lack of

• My AB Biller 54 started accidentally discharging last Saturday. I've had the gun about 6 years, and its an entry level product, so I am not surprised that the trigger mechanism would wear out. What did surprise me was the way my call to customer service was handled.

I emailed first, but got no response, so I called. The guy I talked to told me the part was under warranty, which I knew, and that I just needed to send $20 and they would ship one anywhere in the US. The problem is, I don't live in the US. I asked if I could get one shipped to me in Mexico, but I was rudely told that was not possible. If I want a new trigger mech it can only be shipped to the US. Most US companies use some kind of carrier such as Fed EX or DHL, even UPS. All of these carriers ship internationally. I cannot understand why they refuse to ship me a warranty part. I find it even more difficult to understand the rudeness of the customer service department.

When I bought the gun I knew it was low end crap, but it was all I could afford at the time. I will certainly never buy anything else from AB Biller.

• Sounds like a bummer situation.

I have a few Biller/ Sea Hornets. One from the 1960's. I like the guns for some types of hunting but they do have some limitations. The accidental discharge your getting could be from a damaged mechanism not one thats worn out. Never use the trigger as a vice to remove or install tips. It will bend. Other than that it should last until the plastic gets brittle.

Good luck.

• Not the case at all. The only thing I have ever used the trigger for is shooting fish. The mech is pretty cheap looking, so damage is highly likely. Overall I would say the gun performed well for six years and a lot of hard use. The breakdown is with the manufacturer who does not seem to be interested in assisting a customer with a problem.

• I'll help you. Get them to send the mech to Freedive Store in Fort Lauderale and I'll ship it to you. Before going ahead with this ask for the weight of the package, then I'll quote you shipping to Mexico so you can decide if it's worthwhile. If it's just a small trigger mechanism and not the complete handle first class mail shipping is very doable.

See if you need anything from Freedive Store to take advantage of the shipping.

• It may be that there is an AB Biller dealer in Mexico or out of the US and they can't ship into other's market area.
    I have had the same experience with car parts, guitar amps, other things….

They can ship, no problem but I would bet it's a regional dealer issue.

Nice offer by Dan though. :thumbsup2::toast2:

• I'll help you. Get them to send the mech to Freedive Store in Fort Lauderale and I'll ship it to you. Before going ahead with this ask for the weight of the package, then I'll quote you shipping to Mexico so you can decide if it's worthwhile. If it's just a small trigger mechanism and not the complete handle first class mail shipping is very doable.

See if you need anything from Freedive Store to take advantage of the shipping.

Now that is customer service... :thumbsup2:

• Slightly over two months later I finally received the replacement mechanism. If this was my only gun I would have been screwed.Ironically: During the time I waited, I ordered parts for a gun build from the US, laminated a blank, and built a gun with the parts that arrived in three days. The Biller gun in question now takes a back shelf, and will only be used as a backup, or loaner gun.