line anchor

• If you are using it as a reel line guide it should be fine, but if you're tying a bungee to it and using a tagline, I wouldn't trust it.

Make sure you crimp or score the end of the rod (where you insert into wood or composite). epoxy doesnt stick well to ss, (metal vs wood expansion etc....)
    this will increase surface area increasing adhesion.

• If the reel jams and rips off the line guide not tearing out will be your last chance to not lose reel/line/fish. We're talking worst case scenario.

I use the bent wire installation for line routing at the muzzle, a half line wrap point, or Heinrich type line release, anywhere it's not load bearing.

• If you have a quality reel that is mounted properly, it should be able to take the pressure of a fighting 20lb fish. IMO. regardless if the anchor holds or pops off. . . and if your reel does jam and youre not tagged up.. or do not have a belt reel.. I would rather lose my reel and shooting line than my entire setup.

That said, what Dan said is something to think about, shit happens. Its happened to me with large fish where line anchors pop out (to be fair it was a ss wire glued into delrin....not the best idea MVD) and reels pop off after a jam (cressi comanche reel.... nuff said).

Whatever you choose to build your gun with, make sure you are prepared for these shit happenings.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

goodluck
    dive safe

Josh