spider silva.

• I don't care. It's about the fighters not the fans. I'm tired of it being packaged like the fighters owe us something. I always put myself in the place of the fighter and think what would I do. If the equation was such that one fighter's style negates the other so be it, it happens. I've yet to see the fight though.

• I don't care. It's about the fighters not the fans. I'm tired of it being packaged like the fighters owe us something. I always put myself in the place of the fighter and think what would I do. If the equation was such that one fighter's style negates the other so be it, it happens. I've yet to see the fight though.

I disagree, if they were amateurs is all about the fighters, but they are pros, they are paid vedettes, so it´s all about the fans, remember Gladiator shadows and dust routine?? Vox populi vox Dei , The voice of the people is the voice of God ...

SADOWS AND DUST DAN, JUST SHADOWS AND DUST !!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aag7KG9Hctk

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I think this guys have to do their best to win and get hurt the less , but this is a show , so if they don't put out a great show then people are not gonna want to see them and regardless of how good they are they won't get a contract. it's all about the money to the owners.

• The point is it's not the promoters and owners who make a great fight it's the fighters. If a fighter doesn't have a good fight I don't get pissed with him. I just may not be interested in watching him any more. I never pay to watch this stuff anyways so I don't feel I'm in a position to demand something. If you paid and feel you didn't get your moneys worth take it up with the UFC. Until you've been in the ring don't judge the fighters.

• Just because you practice MMA doesn´t make the sport sacred.Nevertheless I respect your commitment with the true spirit of the arts and i can see your point. This lil guy Ramon Dekkers always fought to death, and he fought and beat the thais in their own game in their own grounds (Lumpini stadium in Bangkok) he was a mythic fighter who always stood true to the real competitive spirit of martial arts. He´s the living example of the warrior´s spirit ...

It´s not the size of the dog in the fight, is the size of the fight in the dog...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIHeyyLsBwU

( I had my share of amateur fights back in th day by the way)

• dana is a bitch all right. it was a dessapointing fight and it's nothing but scary to him to loose money , a lot of people wont buy the pay per view next time, that's what it's all about. just like a restaurant owner if a waiter acts like a bitch for the whole day , it's gonna hurt the bussiness, you know. i actually feel curious to see the fight and doesn't matter what still feell simpathy towards silva, he is a great fighter regardless.

• I'm a traditionalist as I'm still a very big boxing fan. My father boxed in Cuba and never missed a fight on TV. Sure the sport has had its problems, but they are responding by more competitive fights and consolidating some of the belts. There are some very young and talented fighters out there. I'm a big Manny Pacquiao fan. He fights Ricky Hatton May 2nd and should be a good show. I don't care for the heavy weight division and enjoy the lesser weight divisions.

Monster, one of my father's and I's most favorite fighters of all time was the Mexican, Salvador Sanchez. He was phenomenal and may have been the best ever if not for his tragic car accident. Do you remember him?

• Monster, nice highlights of Ramon Dekkers.

What you guys fail to see is that this whole UFC thing is becoming/is like a soap opera for the fans, much like pro wrestling. For the vast majority of people who follow the UFC and contribute financially, when they get a chance to bitch and complain they feel like they're part of what's going on and this keeps them coming back no matter what. This Silva/Leites controversy is just going to bring more interest in the form of "Lets see what happens next time." or "Let's see how Dana White will squirm next time." It's a shame what UFC has become but I never really loved it like I did Pride anyway.

I'll try to post the video of the fight shortly. Notice how we're all curious to see it..

• I saw the fight. I'm not going to post it because it's too long, being a championship fight it's 5 rounds. The person who wrote the review in the first post doesn't know his ass from his elbow about MMA. Every time Leites went to his back I saw logic in it, it was not a cowardly move. Silva fought a strategic technical fight and I wouldn't criticize him for it. He could have been more aggressive but part of being a pro is staying safe and not taking unnecessary risks. Every shot taken during a fighters career has a cumulative effect. Kudos to Leites being the obvious underdog but surviving against Silva. Leites made some nice takedown attempts but just didn't have the tools agains Silva. I thought the fight was entertaining. Silva displayed some unorthodox striking techniques.

• I'm a traditionalist as I'm still a very big boxing fan. My father boxed in Cuba and never missed a fight on TV. Sure the sport has had its problems, but they are responding by more competitive fights and consolidating some of the belts. There are some very young and talented fighters out there. I'm a big Manny Pacquiao fan. He fights Ricky Hatton May 2nd and should be a good show. I don't care for the heavy weight division and enjoy the lesser weight divisions.

Monster, one of my father's and I's most favorite fighters of all time was the Mexican, Salvador Sanchez. He was phenomenal and may have been the best ever if not for his tragic car accident. Do you remember him?

Wow, Sal Sànchez, the whole nation was mourning his untimely passing. That Querètaro highway is one dangerous way. A lot of lesser weight mexican champions had the true warrior spirit, i like Rubèn Olivares my self, a true warrior and self made man.