Don't use Photobucket for your images

• Those of you who use Photobucket to host your images are probably not aware of the recent Photobucket change in terms of use policy, and the terrible effect it had on forums worldwide. Basically Photobucket no longer allows embedding images in any website, which of course includes forums. Your old images are still in your Photobucket account and you can view and download them, but that's about all you can use Photobucket for. The Photobucket images you posted/linked to in any forum do not and will not display. This affected forums, blogs, ebay listings and many other sites that relied on Photobucket. Threads full of pictures going back 15 years have been rendered useless.

There is no solution to this problem. The only thing to do is going forward not to use Photobucket obviously. To post pictures in Spearfishing World forum simply attach them (which means the forum does the image hosting). You can find more detailed instructions on how to post images here How To Post Pictures. Uploading images to the forum is now as easy as drag and drop an image into your post.

• Jose, any picture hosting site can shut down, change their policy, or at the least change their internal structure/format rendering old links useless. Flickr is huge, but after losing my images with ImageShack, Facebook and Photobucket I don't trust any of them.

• Jose, any picture hosting site can shut down, change their policy, or at the least change their internal structure/format rendering old links useless. Flickr is huge, but after losing my images with ImageShack, Facebook and Photobucket I don't trust any of them.

So is...

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!

• So how do you post pics. I was copy and pasting from Facebook before but they seem to change the address and all those disappeared so I started using PhotoBucket. Now those are gone too? How does one post? I can't do it straight from my iPhotos.

• Yes your photobucket pics are now gone from your old posts. In best case scenario there's a link to the picture still visible. But posting pics is now easier than ever, including from your phone. Read the picture posting instructions I linked to in my first post, there's a simple video showing how to do it.