Please, help me choose a gun

• Good afternoon, spearfishs.

Need a professional help))

I want to buy a new speargun to replace my old omer cayman 95. It's too short. I hunt in the Mediterranean. Ideally, I want a 115 -+ gun with an aiming range of at least 5 meters. Don't want to buy a roller gun.

Considering pathos sniper, riffe euro, rob allen tuna. tell me which is better? or suggest your own version.

Thank you in advance.

• Spearguns are hard to get out of Russia because they are regarded as a "weapon" which is a magic word to get the brakes applied by Customs! I guess the same applies in reverse, however having purchased a number of Russian guns it is not impossible. As you know what and where you want to hunt you really have to decide for yourself. Most guns will do the job, so it comes down to what suits you. You should be able to import a speargun as a "fishing tool" as your Customs is not overly excited by that description, and the same applies elsewhere. Any speargun, including the model suggested by Dan, can be shipped as parts, the barrel and spear in one package, the bands and handle in another, separated by a week or so in mailing. This has worked successfully many times.

• There are no problems with the transportation of spearguns in Russia and they are not weapons.))

I need help choosing specific models. Its all have pros and cons. I wanted to hear opinions from people who used It.

• Some things to consider with guns you mentioned in your first post.

Rob Allen normally doesn't have a loading butt, I find this uncomfortable. I feel like the gun can slip down into my groin under pressure.

Riffe euro has a small handle which I feel doesn't offer enough control over the gun when tracking. Also the stock being wide in the horizontal plane, with the added width of the stretched bands, makes it hard to grip the gun in the middle, that's where I hold while swimming.

Pathos D'angelo 2 handle used to have a horrible sharp profile grip that would really dig into your chest when loading. I don't know if it's still like that.

The Salvimar Voodoo has it's own issues you can read a review here Salvimar Voodoo V-Pro and Vuoto speargun review

As you can see each of those guns has drawbacks. Could I use all of them successfully? Sure. Would I choose them if I had other options? Absolutely not. One bad detail about a gun makes me think WTF did they do that. The gun is a tool and you want your tool to work in an optimal way for you. Small poorly thought out details amount to unnecessary inconvenience. I don't want to deal with that.

You mentioned JBL, I hope you meant the newer wood series because everything else is crap. The newer wood series is pretty good. The trigger mech requires too much force to engage the shaft in the mechanism. The handle angle/rake is not ideal.

The Riffe C3 is a good gun except for the handle which is ancient and not ergonomic. One of its good features is a deep track.

• A Rob Allen 120 Tuna with 7 mm spear , 16 mm bands and loading butt has great range. It was my set up for open water but my RA 110 roller has the same range so i use it almost exclusively

• Speardiver Phantom speargun accurate, strong and durable. All steel trigger mechanism, loading butt, choice of configuration (bands and shaft), ergonomic handle for good leverage when tracking, great price point.

This guy knows how to spear! ^^:D

Jokes appart, I tried a Salvimar Hero from a friend and it shoots straight without much recoil. The trigger is nice and soft, the shaft is not bad and the bands are decent. It is not the lightest gun to swing though. That or a Rob Allen, which would be my first choice for many reasons, is what I would get from the guns you mentioned if I'll go spearfish to the Mediterranean.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.