Found good gloves

• I was at home depot on an unrelated errand and saw these gloves in the isle on sale for $4.99. I know from before that HD has a nice assortment of cheap gloves but they all have padding and shit sewed in which I don't like, these don't. They have synthetic leather palm and a little padding on the palm. Overall a snug fit. I usually buy mechanix gloves which are similar but cost $10. I couldn't pass this price up so I bought three pairs, also my old gloves are just about done. I'm looking forward to easily locating my gloves on the boat due to the bright red color so don't go buying them up :D They only have size L BTW but there are tons of them.

• Parce que les prédateurs aiment le rouge.

I know some lures have red for the same reason. So you have dying fish around you, fish scent, and red gloves.

Might not matter, what do you think?

Davie Peguero

• I wonder why the diving gear manufacturers charge 30 bucks for a similar glove, amara palms and stuff. I was looking for the riffes, but they are a bit expensive though. I want a real tough glove right now, specially after the spine accident

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

Edited once, last by monster slayer ().

• It's always like that when you're dealing with a specialized market. I think we all make the mistake in the beginning of buying the overpriced stuff. Then again some people don't care and like the convenience of buying everything in one place. Others yet enjoy the brand names, that is beyond me. I'm at the point where the more unrelated to diving the perfect piece of gear is the bigger kick I get out of using it.

If you want to try a pair of these gloves I'll get a pair for you and send them with the spearpoint.

• It's always like that when you're dealing with a specialized market. I think we all make the mistake in the beginning of buying the overpriced stuff. Then again some people don't care and like the convenience of buying everything in one place. Others yet enjoy the brand names, that is beyond me. I'm at the point where the more unrelated to diving the perfect piece of gear is the bigger kick I get out of using it.

If you want to try a pair of these gloves I'll get a pair for you and send them with the spearpoint.

Absolutely Dan, i would love that, i was shy to ask :):

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• We use the Ansell Powerflex 80-100 gloves at work, and my employer actually encourages us to take home gloves, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc. to use at home. They are inexpensive (about $40 for a dozen pairs), and they hold up very well. The rubberized palm grips well, and is surprisingly puncture resistant. I particularly like that they are available in several sizes and stretch and conform to fit my hand well. Curious to hear if anyone else has tried them, and what were your thoughts.

One more thing. I have tried similar rubber dipped designs that I found at hardware stores,etc. and they were awful. Some of the other brands are thinner, and the rubber gets sticky after a while. Not so with the Ansell gloves.

• My experience with this kind of glove is of two kinds. Either they get sticky and it comes off and sticks to your other gear, or the rubber gets very slippery in the water and you can't even take your fins off. The latter kept for in case I have to do electrical work.

• Sorry, didn't mean to imply that they were Ansell. The slippery one definitely wasn't and sticky one I had a couple of friends report on them and I saw that they were blue but I don't know what brand. Looks like they were affected by salt water and sunlight/heat/humidity.

• That is consistent with my my experience using other brands as well. For some reason, the rubber on the Ansell holds up better in my experience. Of course, at $3.00 per pair, I wouldn't feel too bad replacing them periodically.