Empanadillas de chapin

• In a pan at medium heat put olive oil, chopped onions, red or green peppers, garlic and cilantrillo, when almost cook put the trunkfish (or fish of your choice) to cook with some salt, pepper, cumin and oregano, trunkfish is very tender and it will start to cook fast, I remove the meat with a fork, then add some half to one packet of sazon (depending how much fish you have) and few tablespoons of tomato sauce, optional some chopped olives and potatoes, put to simmer, you don’t want it to be too watery but not too dry, just a nice consistency.

When done let it cool so it can be put inside the flour “plantillas”, this are not the burrito plantillas, this ones are more wet, here in Puerto Rico we get them white (my favorites) and yellow ones (have achiote on the plantillas).

Don’t put too much meat in the plantillas, they will not close, like a heaping tablespoon is enough in the center of the plantillas, wet the borders with a little water (I wet my fingers and pass them around the border), fold in half and pinch around with a fork on both sides, now they are ready to fry in oil until golden brown.

We called them empanadillas, but also called empanadas.

Also could add some hot peppers and few drops of lemon to the ingredients when cooking if you like more spice.

Enjoy

Pucho

• LOL Dan, yes very tropical, I forgot when done the hot sauce and of course a nice coooooooold beer or a few of them:toast::toast::toast:.

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Pueroricans like spicy food (like fresh oregano, cilantrillo, black pepper and cummin, those are strong aromatic and flavorfull) but not hot like chilles and hot peppers.

But I like a lot hot, like piques and hot peppers.

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico