WTB - Short piece of 7mm or 9/32" shaft

• I've been meaning to make a video of the PH going off. I've fired it before, no big deal like ear pain or whatever you may be thinking. You can feel the concussion wave in your body and it's a bit scary the first time, that's it. How far away do you think this guy was when his PH went off?

http://spearfishing.world/106-post2.html

What caliber would that thing be? a 12 ga? Looks huge

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• .38 or .357 is my choice of PPD since 1975.
    I was honored to work with Tin Man on his first Kill spikes for round barrel spearguns and these new Tin Man muzzles with kill spikes INCORPERATED into them is even better.
    1. .38 and .357s can be bought with nickel cases (brass cases corrode to fast in salt water].
    2. .38/.357 cases are much easier to eject out of a PPD after firing than a necked rifle case.
    3. spent .38/.357 cases can be easily ejected out of the PPD using the kill spike. Fire the PPD, grab the PPD and jerk it off the kill spike, turn the PPD around and ram the PPD muzzle first into the kill spike= case extracted and ready to load again. [We used a lot of .357s before Jewfish became protected]

• I've yet to see a PPD that works consistently. The percentage of the cartridge not firing has to be zero, the PPD has a very high percentage of not firing.

It doesn't matter how well the cartridge resists water. If it's been exposed to water once it should thrown away. Even if it was sealed with nail polish.

Florida law stipulates that a device that fires a cartridge which incorporates a firing pin must be of a minimum length. This is why you see Beco style PH sold with a rod welded on. Then you cut off the rod and grind down the welding. But if you're stopped with it there's the small possibility that you can be fined if the officer is a prick. I think the chance is small if you're going diving and the PH is with your diving gear. The slip on PH as well as the PPD does not incorporate a firing pin, the spear point acts as the firing pin and as such it's perfectly legal. In your case monster the AK47 round is completely and permanently encased in the aluminum cylinder, I can't see how anyone would could figure out that there's an AK47 round in it.

• All bullets and firearms, including its very essential components are illegal to carry around in Mèxico. An 7.62 is " Army exclusive" tho. and you`ll be busted big time if get caught. For instance if you get caught with a pistol handle or barrel or other components, they will considere it as a felony too. Sweet ole Mèxico.:rolleyes1:

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I've yet to see a PPD that works consistently. The percentage of the cartridge not firing has to be zero, the PPD has a very high percentage of not firing.

It doesn't matter how well the cartridge resists water. If it's been exposed to water once it should thrown away. Even if it was sealed with nail polish.

Florida law stipulates that a device that fires a cartridge which incorporates a firing pin must be of a minimum length. This is why you see Beco style PH sold with a rod welded on. Then you cut off the rod and grind down the welding. But if you're stopped with it there's the small possibility that you can be fined if the officer is a prick. I think the chance is small if you're going diving and the PH is with your diving gear. The slip on PH as well as the PPD does not incorporate a firing pin, the spear point acts as the firing pin and as such it's perfectly legal. In your case monster the AK47 round is completely and permanently encased in the aluminum cylinder, I can't see how anyone would could figure out that there's an AK47 round in it.

Does this include the ones that you use?

i like to spear fish

• To me PPD firstly means personal protection dog :) but PPD (personal protection device) is the name Ray Odor calls his PH. I don't know if he was the first to call it that but now it's a name commonly used to describe similar devices. The distinguishing feature being that it's a simple device which is reusable, you load in a cartridge yourself and it's held in place with a rubber or plastic hose which in turn gets slipped over the shaft. I'm comfortable with people calling Ray Odor style PH a PPD, it helps differentiate it from the slip on PH which is what I have, although in reality the PPD slips on as well. The slip on PH I have go off %100 of the time. I keep them in the pouch on the belt and never take them out, never rinse them. I had a PH like that for 2 years and never used it. Then I wanted to see if it still works so I used it, it went off perfectly.